1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 9 saying Trial files are corrupt!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by redleeson, Dec 18, 2008.

1. redleeson

redleeson Member

Hello! I have searched the internet but cannot find anyone else with this problem. I have been using the Trial version of Nero and spent a LONG time putting together a video presentation. As i was on the Trial version i couldn't burn so i just bought Nero 9. After installing it and trying to open my files from the Trial version it says, ' CANNOT OPEN, FILE CORRUPT'.

There must be a way around this as they are nero files! When i did a system restore and opened them with the Trial version again, they were fine!

Can anyone help?!

2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Try to contact Nero support.

3. mitchelb

mitchelb Member

Hi red, I think this is what has happened to me, I have been using Nero Demo version (with Nero Vision) and now have full version but can't load NVC files now as they are "corrupt". Did you get a response from Nero Support? Did they have a solution? Has anyone else encounted a corrupt NVC file with Nero Vision? HELP!! I have developed a 2 song DVD with photos from all over my computer and it would take weeks to redo.

4. redleeson

redleeson Member

Hi Mitchelb

Nero never replied however we found out it was the latest update release of Nero 9 that had a fault. It would just not accept files that had been created on the trial version. In the end we had to download the previous update instead and that works fine. Does that help?
    Red

5. mitchelb

mitchelb Member

Hi Red, thanks for the reply

That helps somewhat, but how do I download and install the previous update of Nero Vision, or do I download the whole package?

Do you know of another forum where there is more info about this problem?

Thanks