1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 y fix

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by yamyfz, Dec 22, 2008.

1. yamyfz

yamyfz Member

hi i have modified jayteemasters pal to ntsc y-fix as to only patch y position only this is useful if you have a hdtv that gives color but screen is too low or standard tv you can play in b&w also if you can play in b&w patch with ps2 v-fix for color have fun!!!!!!!!!
    pal to ntsc y-fix download

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  2. chachamia

chachamia Member

This whole thing is going over my head, but I'm not too into modding and packing. I live in the U.S. and really wanted to get Bollywood Singstar for my family so I got both the game and the PS from the UK (both via ebay.co.uk) and had it shipped to me. I already have a fairly nice 29" sony Wega PAL Multisystem TV. It's a pretty nice TV, but it would be nicer to play this on the bigger 52" widescreen Sony Bravia HDTV. we have in the living room (which is NTSC of course).

Another thing is that the flickering of playing this pal system on my TV in PAL drives me crazy. Is that how PAL is? Or do I have some settings off?

3. yamyfz

yamyfz Member

you might want to check into modding you ps2 another thing is that all ps2's will play any game from any region the video mode is determined by the game not the system try googling free mcboot

4. chachamia

chachamia Member

^^ Well, I'm really not handy w/ modding which is why I went through the trouble to buy a UK PS2 and then buy the UK PAL bollywood singstar. Plus the fact that I had a multi-system TV handy that played PAL games.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

All PS2 games are region locked which is why some mod their consoles

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  6. 15000

15000 Guest

wooh it is very helpful for me.
    Thanks to all

7. mncain

mncain Member

I dont know if its just me, but if I have the component cables,(the ones with the green and blue, right) then this should play in color on my hdtv? Because when I hook up with that I get a mode not accepted or something similar to that anyway. I can get the black and white, with the regular red, white and yellow cable. Am I using the wrong cable?

8. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

When you say black n white i assume you mean picture,the PS2 doesn't put out an HD signal since i don't have an HDTV it suggests to me your attaching the cable to the wrong ports on the tv,as i get the same issue if i attempt to use RCA's on my tv graphic card then the picture i get is black n white,whereas if i use the s-video cable it will come out in colour on the crt tv,the reason being is the RCA's don't split the color signal thru all 3 wires like what happens with an hd signal,instead colour in the ps2 is handled by the yellow one it's a lower signal output,so attaching the original PS2 cable to an HD port won't work it needs to go to a normal RCA port,yellow,red,white,however as i said i don't have a newer tv,but i have used my xbox1 on a friends hd lcd tv & it worked fine but i can't remember if the female ports on the lcd were colour coded or not

9. mncain

mncain Member

I dont know. I uas just wondering. I have an hd component cable for my wii ps2 and xbox. So there are 5 rca cables, blue and green for sure and I think yellow and red and white. I have no problems with it for non pal games just not the pal games. If I plug just the cable that comes with the ps2 the the pal games work, but just show up as black and white picture. Like I said I was just wondering somewhat out loud about this, since the first post said he got color, with an HDTV. No biggie game palys the same just not as colorful.

10. yamyfz

yamyfz Member

if you can play in b&w patch with vfix for color have fun!!!!!!!!ps2 vfix download