1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New - I read the stickies but can't figure this out - help?!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Mominct, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mominct

Mominct Member

I'm very new to this.. and read the stickies but don't understand exactly.

Is there a place I can get a real r4 or similar card with 40 or so preloaded games that we pick on it?

Then when we get it, do we just put it in and play? I don't know how to download firmare and do updates and the sort.. I don't want my son to be upset if it gets here and we can't figure it out.

Thank you for your help! I'd like to know where to purchase it, as were just starting out with a new nintendo ds (no other cards or anything)

Thank you!

2. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

There are such places, however buying a preloaded cart like that is illegal and often they are improperly set up. Someone was on here the other day who had bought something like you are describing and the person who had filled it with games had not left spaces for save games on the cart, so they could not play many of their games.

The R4 is also not the best cart to be getting into anymore. There are other carts with higher quality and that are easier to use. I have an M3 Real which is very simple. You just drag and drop the system folder and DS games from your computer onto the microSD card, stick that into the M3, pop the whole thing into the DS and play your games. Super simple.

Other people will recommend other carts but its really a matter of opinion which is best.

3. Mominct

Mominct Member

Penguin thank you very much for responding to me! I appreciate it :)

I have been reading here and read about the R4 so I was thinkin maybe the ezflash v?

I'm just unsure where to buy it so I wont have an issue when I get it.. also where to download roms from that are in english and not viruses ?

Thanks for helping me! I checked on ioffer but am unsure if those people are legit kwim?

4. dailun

dailun Active member

1. Talking about where to download is illegal and frowned upon on this board. At some point you will need to do your own additional research. That goes for supporting your flashcards. Many of us on the board are happy to help but understand that there are some basic computer skills that you need to have or learn, such as formatting disks, unzipping files, copying files, etc.

2. I own an EZ Flash V, G6Real, and a CycloDS, they are all fine cards.

I have looked at the offerings on ioffer and IMHO, most of the sellers are looking to get shut down or have other legal problems.

There are several reliable retailers that stand behind their products. I have bought several times from RealHotStuff (if you're in the USA). If you're not in the USA there are others on the boards that can help with recommendations.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.