1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Muxed MKV with DTS plays on Sony BDP-S350 with No Audio

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by paradise4, Dec 27, 2008.

1. paradise4

paradise4 Member

I have recently learnt how to mux 1080p MPEG TS files (the original file has multiple languages audio channels)to BDMV + Certificate then burn them onto a DVD-R (UDF 2.50) using Nero Portable. For some reason, S350 would play the movie without audio using first channel (English Lang). When I set it to play the 2nd channel the audio started, but it's in Chinese. It is acceptable to me as I can understand Chinese.
    So I tried to mux my 720p MKV movie file (with DTS Italian audio channel) into BDMV + Certificate and burn them onto DVD-R (UDF 2.50). This time, since there is no 2nd channel, S350 played the movie as it's in mute.
    I have googled the internet up and down, and even tried using GOTSent to mux the MKV file using AC3 filter, again the movie would play with great 720p high definition graphics, but without audio! Can anyone please help me on this?
    Thanks.

2. MaxxPower

MaxxPower Guest

I have the same problem, same player. As a matter of fact, I've tried to create many AVCHD movies from MKV containers in TSMuxer and I think I've only had one that plays flawlessly. DTS audio never plays, of if they have AC3 multi-channel audio it will play but there will always be something wrong with the video, even when changing the profile to 4.1 or lower.

3. odin24

odin24 Regular member

How are you guys sending the audio... optical, HDMI? Is the settings in the BDP350 correct? My inlaws received one of these for Christmas and I planned on hooking them up with several of my AVCHD disks that have DTS on them.

I recommend making sure your BDP350's audio settings are correct, set the "Priority" to HDMI, regardless if you are using optical to your receiver.

Please let me know how you make out, I'll try to report back soon too.

4. MaxxPower

MaxxPower Guest

I always use HDMI. My receiver is capable of decoding all the formats available on Blu-ray so I have the S350 sending the signal via HDMI to the receiver to decode. The DTS light on the receiver lights up and the S350 shows the audio as DTS onscreen but nothing is audible.