1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

removing drm license from napster files

Discussion in 'Audio' started by epstein1, Dec 28, 2008.

1. epstein1

epstein1 Member

hello people just having a hard time playing some older napster audio files. would love to figure out how to remove the drm and play them with any player. thanks in advance.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

If you can play them through your computer any DRM remover will do the trick. You might also use a digital audio capture app. These are not specialized for DRM removal but will do it just as well with a little more effort. Why go that route? It will capture ANYTHING you can play on your computer without any quality loss. Those apps have many uses.

If you can't play them then you need to locate the one DRM removal tool that can remove the DRM without playing the tune. I do not remember the name of that app.

3. epstein1

epstein1 Member

every drm removal app I've used so far wil not work, Im automatically getting the need license pop up

4. foliage

foliage Member

Normally there are two ways to remove drm from protected music files
    1.burn and rip(if you have itunes, you can take this way as reference)
    Burn the desired tracks(DRM itunes music) to an audio CD (make sure that you choose audio, not data as the CD type).
    2.open that ripped CD in iTunes and add the media files to the library. right click the media file and select 'Convert Selection to MP3'.

2.with software
    Free download this converter, drag and drop the protected files to it:
    http://media-convert.net/drm-converter.html

It can convert the DRM protected music (wma,m4p) to any other formats and extract audios from DRM video (wmv, m4v, asf, etc).

Hope it helps:)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  5. Mez

Mez Active member

foliage, bad advice. Your suggestions only work if the license is in force.

Re-read
    That tool was mentioned in this forum in the last 3-4 months. You just need to look. It shouldn't take you more than an hour. That is far easier than testing every DRM removal tool made until you find the right one. I don't know if that will do the trick for you but it is your only hope. Let us know how you fair. I wanted to buy that tool but bought the wrong one. I remove the DRM befoe I listen the the tune least I forget and wind up like you.