1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cloneDVD2 error WriteDVD 14 W2 source data too large

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by klutch23, Jan 5, 2009.

1. klutch23

klutch23 Member

Hi, this is my first time posting in this forum. I apologize in advance if the answer to my post is available elsewhere.
    System: LG DVD burner (HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55L 1.00 07/04/18 7U02), cloneDVD2 2.9.2.0, AnyDVD 6.4.7.9, Windows XP SP3, and DVD-R 16X Ridata White Inkjet Hub Printable media (I know that this media is frowned upon in this forum but I have burned about 200 DVDs with this media and never had a problem before). “Creating DVD files…” goes to 100% completion but when “Writing…” begins the process fails and I get the following message.
    Writing to video media was not successful: source data too large (Details: writeDVD 14 W2)
    I correctly set the output to DVD-R and inserted the proper media. The problem only occurs when compression is required. I can still rip and burn a single layer DVD, but when I attempt to rip and clone a DVD that requires compression to fit onto a 4.7GB DVD the error occurs. I have no idea what the problem is but it is EXREMELY frustrating and I cannot find the solution in forums, if anybody could help or attempt to help I would greatly appreciate it.

2. pieman

pieman Regular member

I take it that you have uninstalled/reinstalled?.....strange this i had an identical problem with clonedvd2, but my error code suggested that my media was bad.After trying everything with help from this forum, my only option was a clean reinstall reformat.which sorted it.But i must admit,i dont particularly trust sp3.

3. klutch23

klutch23 Member

Yes i tried uninstalling and that did not work, i really don't want to do a clean wipe of my drive just to fix the problem, hopefully somebody else knows the underlying cause

4. pieman

pieman Regular member

I understand that, but i had advice from the best.Because the problem could be down to even just one corrupt dll file,the reformat was the easist option.I have tried to use the repair facility with xp, but ive found that it sometimes doesnt offer me repair, just the full reinstall.Try taking sp3 off and installing the other updates.Best of luck

5. pieman

pieman Regular member

Reformatted yet??

6. klutch23

klutch23 Member

yea, it fixed the problem but it's a lot of work, i would have liked to known the underlying cause but w.e. up and running and hopefully it won't happen again, would have been horrible if i still had the problem, thanks for the help

7. pieman

pieman Regular member

I know what you mean.It used to be a pain in the ass, but I reinstall reformat about once every 3 months, just to keep things fresh.Its a damn sight easier when you have a slipstreamed xp disc though!Its real easy if you put all your music photos etc on another drive/partition, cos then all you only deal with the os and programs.The problem with one program playing up is that it could be one dll file that got corrupted or if shared removed by uninstalling another program.Almost impossible to trace, so you do the easy checks, such as reinstall the program, defrag, etc.But the old reformat cant be beat.Real glad youre sorted.

8. dailun

dailun Active member

Sorry if this sounds too obvious, bre you sure that you have DVD-5 selected as the output format in Clone DVD?

I have seen this error, but it's only when I forget to select DVD-5 as the output format and try to write a 6 GB file to a SL DVD>