1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magnavox vcr sound muffled

Discussion in 'Audio' started by biddyout1, Jan 6, 2009.

1. biddyout1

biddyout1 Member

for the past 10 years, I have record tv shows to a agnavox vcr. when I decided to play a few, the audio was muffled and sounded as in a barrel. movies that I bought, the sound was ok. if you have an answer, please send to me at kenneth500001@yahoo.com thank you

2. Mez

Mez Active member

You are not allowed to include email addresses in your posts. I am not an expert, but I suspect your magnetic media has aged. The professionally made movies used a better quality tape than what you would buy as a blank tape. Even they will age, but they will age more gracefully.

If you want to preserve then you need to back up to digital. I would check netflix. Many TV shows are now on DVD. That process will be better and less painful you will never be able to recover the lost quality. The DVDs will provide maximum quality and you often get 4 shows per disk. While you are waiting for your disks to arrive, you might check out the Shrink Forum.