1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD PLAYER NO PLAY FUNCTION

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by ray3820, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ray3820

ray3820 Member

I BURNED VIDEO FILE TO A DVD-R AND PUT IN MY DVD PLAYER IT HAS NO PLAY FUNCTION BUT WILL PLAY IN PC IS THERE A PROGRAM TO USE SO I CAN WATCH VIDEO ON DVD PLAYER I USED DVD CLONE AND NERO

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Please refrain from abusing that poor CAPS LOCK button.
    Forum Rules are in my signature.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

does this mean that you converted the video file to standard DVD video and then burned it to a blank DVD? Or did you just burn the file directly onto a DVD.... not DVD standard (IFO, BUP, VOB files). If the file you burned directly as a data file (mpg, or other video file) then it will depend on your player whether it will play them or not. But if it's converted to standard DVD format then it should play...... or:

there are plenty of reasons why certain media brands won't play in other players:

1. burning speeds: burn at 4x so there will be less writing errors (rule of thumb is to burn at half the rated speed of the disk--8X disk burn at 4x).
    2. read manual for your stand alone player and use the disks that will play in your player. If your player is less than 2 yrs old then it should play the + or - R disks! I said SHOULD that's why you read the manual.
    3. try booktyping your drive to DVd-ROM so it will make your +R disks more compatible to players. Read this:
    http://k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php
    4. make sure that there are no finger prints or scratches on your disk that make it hard for the player to read the disk!
    *******5. use good quality media (rule of thumb....buy the ones that are Made in Japan.)Taiyo Yuden is the only brand I use! Verbatim is also top notch disk and is the only exception to this rule....some Verbatims are made in Taiwan and they are top notch! Using quality media that is most recognized by players/recorders stop MANY problems like the ones you are getting!
    6. and don't burn too close to the outer edge of the disk ..... which will make the disk unreadable! but using good media you will be able to burn close to the edge better than lesser quality media. Just in case I only burn no closer than 4400MB, so if you can set your programs to that, all the better!

follow these little tips of the trade and you'll have better success! good luck.

also read this:
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Why-DVDRW-is-superior-to-DVD-RW/
    why the +R media is better than the -R media