1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n*l to send out new upc cards

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by skymacfly, Jan 14, 2009.

1. skymacfly

skymacfly Member

was watching n*l famous info tv channel when i saw them talking about how they are sending out these new viewing cards....

Does this mean there changing there encryption ??
    Will this effect all the sta*view boxes ???

2. skymacfly

skymacfly Member

3. mancred

mancred Regular member

I've just got my new card & yes it will effect boxes because they wont be able to work on the new encryption.

Apparently there is a box that might be able to work on the new encryption system but your box should work for a couple of months at least until they switch Nag1 off.

4. skymacfly

skymacfly Member

aww right but what if i dont put in my card !!!! and did your interface change our any new features like new channels or is it just same old ntl :( ..... Oh an any idea whats the name of the new box ?

5. joey2020

joey2020 Member

from what I'm being told by a reliable source you shouldn't have to change your box. The nagravision is being changed from 1 up to 2. I've been told even the old starview 1 boxes can run up as far as 8. And the newer boxes up to 13. We'll just have to wait and see. Can't fix it until its broken!

6. mkwabbey

mkwabbey Regular member

nagravision 8 ???????

7. mkwabbey

mkwabbey Regular member

were bouts are you

8. kev000

kev000 Guest

This is a lie the majority of these boxes only run nagra 1 and some nagra 2 but no higher and there is a strong chance n** will turn off their analouage signal as the basic digital package is cheaper so even if they hack nagra when n** change there cards there could be no more such things as dodgy boxes

9. joey2020

joey2020 Member

Its not a lie. The first starview boxes have been tested on nagravision 8 I know this becauss the 'company' I buy them from have already informed me that thay can be rigged to work up to nagravision 8. The newer boxes as I previously stated are running up as far as nagravision 13.

10. mkwabbey

mkwabbey Regular member

correct me if am wrong but is nagra 3 not the highest out??

11. scandalou

scandalou Guest

hello people.....i have a thread aptly named ...nagra 3... on the other site in home theatre..check it out//

12. joey2020

joey2020 Member

That's the same question I asked the supplier but according to them -even though nagra 3 which I believe s*y use is the highest being used by anyone, they have the capability to decode the encryption a lot higher then that. Apparently they have preempted this nagra change ages ago. The supplier is still guaranteeing every box we get for 12 months and I've been dealing with them for years so I've no reason to doubt them. I guess we'll see soon enough. Where there's a ying there's always a yang! watch this space!

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No wonder people don't post here any more :(

There is no such thing as Nagravision 8, Sly use NDS/Videogaurd. No supplier can gaurantee that any box will survive an entire encryption change if or when they do change.

Regards your supplier they should change their name to "Pinnochio Ltd". Or at least have the common decency than not to fill your head full of this BS.

Regards scandalou's (as you can see by his name thats all I can say), N3 thread. He has posted many threads of a similar nature, (without knowing what they really mean),but its us who give the answers/info based on knowledge and experience not fallacies. Yes they probably will change in time but until then enjoy it and stop worrying.

It wont be Nagravision 8 lol imagine the length of those EMMs. Too much of whats posted here of late could be construed as pure fiction its about time things got back to facts instead.

14. joey2020

joey2020 Member

Cool the jets there sc0user!! I am inclined to agree with you that it all seems a bit like pie in the sky but I am only relaying the information I have received back to people here as a means of discussion/debate/opinion call it what you like! Like I stated I have been using this company (and it is a legitimate company) for many years now and so far what they predicted has happened and what they said they could do they also came through on. I know one of the onwers personally now which is why I have asked these questions about what if! The bottom line is we'll all know what's what soon enough. If its not broke it can't be fixed. I am also assuming once they switch from analogue to digital that we are all faced with a different set of issues. But that's for another discussion!

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Ok sorry I take it back. Tell them to change their name to "Nostradamus Inc" then if they are good at predictions :) I never mind a debate/discussion or opinion based on fact but this was overstepping "fact" slightly :)

Analogue to digital is not an encryption change. It will not affect you or others in any way unless you are in an analogue area. Yes as I said and you have just reiterated enjoy for now and get over the bridge when it comes.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  16. glic83

glic83 Regular member

have to say this thread made me laugh thanks guys :)

17. joey2020

joey2020 Member

No need to ask them to change sc0user they'll already have predicted you asking that! lol On a serious note though. What I meant by 'predict' was actually acting on early 'inside information'! from persons employed by a certain well known cable provider, and its always been 100% accurate.So that for me, if not for you, doubting thomas sorry I meant sc0user, is fact! lol Anyway, enough of the schoolboy banter. This is big money business to those guys and trust me when I say they are not about to let encryption changes get in their way. Without incriminating myself any further I'll say no more lol. Glad you enjoyed the show glic83 - I'm sure sc0user is appearing at a venue near you soon - book early to avoid disappintment1 lol

18. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

if anyone knows what's going on scouser does, so when he says there is no such thing as nagra8, trust him there isn't.

This is the first time we have ever heard of nagra8, nagra3 is what is being rolled out. And i have that on good authority from a number of people.

19. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Yep I agree 100% with sc0user & Eva.
    Still a long long way to go for nagra 8 & 13 lol.

20. malci

malci Guest

Yep, if anyone has his finger on the know/button, then it is 100% scOuser, and I for one refuse to be drawn into silly "schoolboy banter" your words not mine. But I have to ask the question, exactly what "inside information" which has always been 100% accurate!!! have you ever received, enlighten us as to what exactly, obviously without incriminating yourself further!!!lol, what kind of statement is that :(