1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't have EAC anymore!!!! Yikes!!!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by whysokold, Jan 15, 2009.

1. whysokold

whysokold Member

Computer crapped out and i'm without eac! I had it all set up. So simple, as you know it named my files automatically and ripped them to an excellent quality! Oh well . . .

tried Windows Media Player to RIP. What a POS! it won't name my files for me?

You guys had a great thread a long time ago explaining step by step how to get cd's to mp3 explained so simple!

Any chance someone has a solution to help me that they are willing to post?

Thanks in Advance!

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Except for Poweramp, any other ripper will be a big step down.

EAC is the best shareware app for ripping. I think a shareware version is still available. Just google for it. I uses Accurip now. That is a must have for a perfectionist. It certifies you read the CD correctly by matching your results with a database.

For 25 USD per year PowerAmp converter is the best ripper and format converter. It uses paid for databases to add tag info. The paid for databases are far more complete than freeDB. I will probably move to EAC next year. It is fine for an occasiional rip. I have downloaded the current version last fall just to have it. It was still in prebeta. I think it will be a paid for app soon.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  3. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

CDEx is free, uses LAME and does id3 tagging from FreeDB. It also has some error correcting stuff. I've used it on my 500+ CD collection and haven't had a problem.

4. bryston

bryston Regular member