1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks ScubaPete

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by adgy, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adgy

adgy Guest

ScubaPete you recently gave me some information re best media type for my burner. 'TOP NOTCH' I've managed to back up Two Towers no problem........ RITEK rules.......... Hopefully as I learn and practise more with this DVD burning thing I may be able to contribute something back to the board. Cheers mate.

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Yeah,

Let's make this the ScubaPete Appreciation thread.

So come on, all you Newbies, Junior Members and Members that have benefited from ScubaPete's postings (directly or indirectly) - post you respects here..

I think ScubaPete would make a good Mod for Newbies, he has a gentle way with them and he is easy to understand (unlike me, I'm too much of a techie).

Good on ya Pete.

Byeee....

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

He does have a great way about him doesn't he? He's very patient as well which is a rare virtue!

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Pete a mod for newbies,or anyone for that matter, sounds like a great idea to me.Petes knowledge and patience with me,and other newbies, that ive noticed,is invaluable,informative,and funny!!
    SCUBA PETE FOR MODERATOR!!! HOLLA IF YOU HEAR ME,MEMBERS ONE AND ALL!!
    Id sign that petition!

Thanks again pete

happy trails

jim

Last edited: Mar 2, 2004
  5. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

YEAH I agree Scuba goes deeply in depth on some posts and by reading them I gain more knowledge weekly from reading what he types
    DaOsT

6. adgy

adgy Guest

Come on you lot I cant beleive I'm the only newbie that ScubaPete has recently advised. 'SHOUT IT OUT' One line of appreciation is all it takes.

If it wasnt for these guys imparting their knowledge and experience to us all [FOR FREE] where would we be?

Cheers ScubaPete
    (and all you other contributors out there)

7. ispy

ispy Regular member

Scubapete:
    Your the man! Ispy

8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Heeeheee :D

9. june_bugg

june_bugg Guest

thanks scubapete
    u da bomb baby
    june_bugg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2004
  10. rg4357

rg4357 Member

Add my applause and thanks to Scuba Pete and the many other contributors on this extraordinary forum. Over this past weekend I used the guides and some of the recommended techniques from Scuba Pete to successfully decrypt, shink, and burn two DVD+Rs.
    So thanks to Scuba Pete and the gang I'm batting 2 for 2 so far (no coasters yet).

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, if I had not discovered this forum last week, I would have foolishly purchased DVD Wizard Pro and wasted $40. And yes, I will soon make donations to several of our partner sites.

11. nigel1

nigel1 Guest

Yes please add my name to the list of appreciative newbies.I find a lot of posts talk in a language that should be reserved for the set of the matrix. I have only had a pc for 3 months and have only just learned about backing up my dvds etc so the way scuba explains things is ace.......he has my vote for sure

12. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Good old Pete is the man with all the answers. Couldn't think of a better choice for a possible new Moderator.
    Keep up the great work buddy.

Jerry

13. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

add my name to the list guys......he really is the main man as far as i am concerned. In fact cant we get a new forum dedicated to him.....call it something like "come on in newbie and uncle pete will wipe away those tears and get you going!"....:D

seriously though i have learned in 3 weeks from pete what would have taken me months on my own.....cheers pete you is da man!!!!!

14. Echo3111

Echo3111 Member

Someone ask the wizmeisther to take a look at my newbie thread. I have some questions I couldn;t find answered in search, so maybe he can help me!

Glad to see there are such honorbale people in this community. Keep up the good works!

15. coolblue7

coolblue7 Guest

I agree Scuba Pete is a very worthy person for moderating. Very helpful to users of all skill levels. Thanks for everything :)

16. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

Yeah, Pete! I really must say that I highly appreciate you for all the time you have put into helping and instructing people on this forum! Collecting all your posts together into one book would make an excellent "DVD:s for dummies" bestseller! You're the "Mother Theresa for DVD-newbies"! ;) Thumbs up, dude!! Thanks!

17. Doohickey

Doohickey Member

With help from Scuba Pete, directly and indirectly, my first attempt at backing up a dvd is burning now as I write this post. (on my other machine, calm down Pete)(grin)... Anyway, it's a comfort to know that if my first try doesn't succeed, Scuba Pete will be there to help me out.
    Three cheers for Scuba Pete!!
    60% done!....I'll let you know how I made out in a new thread.
    Sincerely,
    Doohickey ;)

18. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

hey

thumbs up from me,

scubapete very very helpful in enabling me not to make a fool out of myself and making like a hundred coasters

Cheers i gots to say it again very helpful

two thumbs up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.