1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxes to go down in 2months!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by scandalou, Jan 19, 2009.

1. scandalou

scandalou Guest

Hello fellow members...fresh news just in...virgin will be disabling all boxes in 2months time...a new system much like the mobile fone blocking system will be used which will fry the motherboard in unregistered boxes...the only boxes untouched will be authentic virgin boxes like the pace,virgin,virgin + and samsung boxes...
    also,i have been told,that the dbox will be the only other box available that wont be affected..
    the source of this latest info,is from an insider....so,looks like we'll be all turning to satellite dishes instead!!!over 3000 channels available...

2. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Sounds like another load of SH**E to me, don't believe everything you hear mate :)

3. scandalou

scandalou Guest

hi there....i totally understand what your saying,but when someone i have known for some time,and who works as a virgin engineer tells me this,i have to be somewhat sceptical but aware...iv just got rid of the spare boxes i had,and wont get anymore till im convinced otherwise..is it worthy the risk??im sure neither you or anyone else on this site can guarantee that we'e not in for a troublesome year ahead...as always,id rather be safe than sorry,but only time will tell....i thought it best people knew or had a whiff of what may be..hopefully,like you said,its all bullsh..!

4. mozer

mozer Member

hi lads.
    well dose anyone know whats d story with n*l in dublin????
    what are they up to next??

5. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

We hear stories on here like that all the time, what will be will be but to what you say,
    The blocking system used for mobile phones IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity number) is used by the GSM network to identify valid devices and can be used to stop a stolen phone from accessing the network, It blacklists the mobile phone, it doesn't fry the motherboard! also how can they distinguish what box you are using and then disable it as it has no talk back facility. I'm not going to get into this and nor I or anyone else can guarantees to whether these receivers will work OK for the next coming year or so but I doubt that this is what the CC will be doing to disable the use of these receivers in the next couple of months. Like you said mate, time will tell.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  6. SG8

SG8 Active member

Another reliable source story. have not had one in about 3 weeks !

7. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Hi HiTeck!

Having fun? ;)

8. Milner2k

Milner2k Member

Oh No, the sky is falling. I'm off to tell the king, ducky lucky will you come with me ?

9. SG8

SG8 Active member

I would be more concerned about the quality of the Virgin Engineers if that is what they are telling their friends.

10. CDLC

CDLC Member

You do know that if virgin did 'fry' any of these 'illegal' boxes it would actually be an illegal action by virgin.

The boxes that can be modified to pick up premium channels can also be used as 'normal' digital boxes.

If virgin do take the action as you have stated, I will be contacting my lawyers and they will have a field day

11. Fano

Fano Regular member

Have you any idea of electronics ?
    What you have proposed is sheer nonsense.

12. mkwabbey

mkwabbey Regular member

mayb your friend is trying to stop you from sellin boxes so he can start chipn cards again lol