AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Marijuana field spotted through Google Earth

news article released on:

Swiss authorities announced today that they had found a large marijuana plantation while using Google Earth, the extremely popular free satellite mapping software. The discovery was part of an ongoing investigation that has so far led to the arrest of 16 people and the seizure of 1.2 tons of marijuana with a street value of $2.5 million USD. Cash and other valuables were seized as well ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 58 messages.

ROFL.
▼▼ This topic has 57 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
atomicxl Suspended due non-functional email address
Google Earth is now the worst invention ever. Its responsible for removing 1.2 tons of love, peace and happiness from the world.
Originally posted by atomicxl:
Google Earth is now the worst invention ever. Its responsible for removing 1.2 tons of love, peace and happiness from the world.
lol
Oh no bounty will be put on the inventors of this project.
tripplite Suspended due non-functional email address
maybe....lol poor saps....it could have worked as good advertisement....maw goodness....are the bodies on google earth to *gasp! lol
wazzat Suspended due non-functional email address
They could have shared-
Maybe we could 'pony up' a defense fund for them....lol. I wish the defendants lots of luck!
hahaha, lol, wow... does anyone know where this might be in, like the exact location..i doubt anything will say though.
i knew it google is trying to take over the world.
The worst thing is its not even up to date any where!!!
vballstud Suspended account
*checks for local marijuana fields*
WOW! Thanks google... Next they are gonna be looking into peoples houses...
Legalize it tax it and roll in the green...nothing wrong with all that dope,cut it dry it and sell it for profit!
Use the same laws for alcohol to govern its negative effects on society, I swear government has no clue whats its doing...
tripplite Suspended due non-functional email address
Mauritania is putty feet for the conservatives and democratic republicans....its some partisan backwash...hate factions...lol rome total war.....lol yer right ^^
SamNz Account closed as per user's own request
lol OWNED but its the kinda thing you never think of, "pfft its not like there goin to use a satellite to find our crop OHH crap" lol
cousinkix Suspended due non-functional email address
The mountains near the Google headquarters in Sunnyvale California USA are full of marijuana plants every growing season. Their satellite photos hardly put a cramp on the weed crops at home. Are you worried about the police seizing private property and homes in Switzerland? Then grow your plants in the remote areas of the state parks just like the drug cartels around Silicon Valley...
Originally posted by cousinkix:
The mountains near the Google headquarters in Sunnyvale California USA are full of marijuana plants every growing season. Their satellite photos hardly put a cramp on the weed crops at home. Are you worried about the police seizing private property and homes in Switzerland? Then grow your plants in the remote areas of the state parks just like the drug cartels around Silicon Valley...
In a nanny state you pay taxes to restrict your rights and freedoms.
cousinkix Suspended due non-functional email address
Big Brother cannot seize private homes if they grow marijuana in places like Henry Coe State Park just down the road from the Google office. The San Francisco CHRONICLE outdoor writer wrote quite a column on the marijuana gardens a couple of years ago...
Originally posted by cousinkix:
Big Brother cannot seize private homes if they grow marijuana in places like Henry Coe State Park just down the road from the Google office. The San Francisco CHRONICLE outdoor writer wrote quite a column on the marijuana gardens a couple of years ago...
No one said they could but my point is if we were not a nanny state and let adults be adults and have their vices under mature and fair limits one could give a portion of the liqueur or pot to the government in lue of taxes and the government can sell it off or use it themselfs.
hmm lol i hope google earth cant zoom too much to see the few plants on ma roof ^^
long live civil disobediance
Google is going down a trail here preety soon they are going to sign contracts with the government (if not already) allowing them to invade our privacy in our homes. Guys i typed in my home address and a 3D view of my street home and cars in the drive way showed up Lol you could see my garbage cans in the back. This is getting ridiculous, i can see something big is about to happen and its going to be Chaos.
Yes when you saw your house was it in real time or was your area out of date because here we have a new police station that was built in 2006 and new walmart and they do not show up they are still empty lots plus we have snow and it shows this area in the sunner.

It is too live life too the fullest then never lived at all.
The only thing I can say to this is, LMFAO
The images on google map are at least in most cases a year out of date. When someone looks up my address they'll see all the damage that had just been done to my roof and trees right after an ice storm in December 2007. Something tells me they were watching and waiting for this crop to grow up so they'd have a real case to make. Kind of hard to prosecute someone for just having seedlings. :P
How come they haven't found the opium fields in Afghanistan, destroyed them, cut off the Taliban's cash and brought our troops home.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.