1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WGA VALIDATION TOOL/NOTIFICATION removing

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by icarly, Jan 31, 2009.

1. icarly

icarly Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I had followed the instructions to remove this for good.
    but was not sure if this was the latest method

Renaming wga files, removing the product code, removing all wga files for good, removing the registry enteries.

That was great it did not appear after a couple of restarts, and shutdowns.

But a couple of hours later , when i shut the computer down for the night, i had the security icon on the "turn of computer tab" telling me there was one item for download and ready to install.

In other words it would install it first before it shut down, so i had no option but to shut it down, i then restarted the computer to see what it was, and low and behold it had downloaded the "windows genuine advantage validation tool" again.

How can i get round this to stop it downloading it again.

If i done all this again, but this time "CHECKED" the "notify me but don't automatically download or install them" OR turn off automatic updates. would this stop the download of this WGA VALIDATION tool again.

My current setting was on AUTOMATIC UPDATES.

i am running a windows xp/sp 2.

Thankyou for your replys

2. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

So your XP is pirate then

3. aldan

aldan Active member

like the previous poster said.if you have a genuine copy why worry about the GAT? xp is so easy to come by these days,free or close to it.why pirate an os?

4. icarly

icarly Member

Yes i was aware of xp, being afordable, i will be getting a new computer soon,

But this is an old one i have got at the moment, it was just to learn on, and was not aware of this when i got it seconed hand.

But for the time being, would like to get the "wga" notification of the screen.

As i said in my post, checking "notify me but don't automatically download and install them" first and then repeating the steps i did,
    would i then have the option not to install it,

5. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

Tough WGA is there to annoy people with pirate XP you have a pirate XP thus deserve to be annoyed.
    soon how soon why didn't you get a real version when you first found out?

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  7. icarly

icarly Member

Thanks ddp

i will give that a whirl,Can i just say i had deleted it "manually" last time, but a few hours later, by mistake i had downloaded it again
    Through automatic updates.

I have now switched to "notify me but don't automatically download and install them"

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do custom install not express for the updates as you'll see what is going to be installed. uncheck the box for windows genuine advantage, click close & put a checkmark into the box that comes upnext.