AfterDawn Forums

I have a charter DVR

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

I have a charter DVR. do you know how you get the video off of the harddrive.it has a USB and 2 firwire.but it has no network port. if you can help then thanks
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
If it's anything like the Tivo series 2 units that I've read about, you can use a USB network adapter. I've heard of people having luck with 3com & Linksys.
I just ordered a Tivo a couple days ago, but yesterday I found out about the Charter DVR and we have Charter digital cable already. I hope we can get the DVR here.
I didn't realize it has a USB port, that's great. I have Hawking & Linksys USB network adapters and plan on trying them on there now. I'm calling Monday to find out if I can get it locally.

How do you like it? Have you had a Tivo, and if so, how does it compare?

Thanks.
PS- Let me know if you find out how to extract the video once it's connected to network.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.