1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to play blu ray from hard drive

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by p1604, Feb 14, 2009.

1. p1604

p1604 Member

I'm sure that this topic has already been discussed and i'm sorry in advance if it has. I've downloaded a blu ray movie to my hard drive and get get it to play. My PC is hooked upto my HD TV via HDMI. My graphics card is up2date, I have a play ray disk drive (not burner). I've got PowereDVD 8 Ultra and WinDVD but niether of these seem to work. I've also got AnyDVD. I dont know if I have to change any of the settings on these as i'm a bit of a noob at things like this. Any help or links to threads would be appreciated. Thanks

2. p1604

p1604 Member

Not to worry, downloaded VVLC player and worked just fine. Thanx for anll the replies though ;0

3. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

For the disc image to play in PowerDVD you need to mount it with vitual clone drive. This can be dowloaded from the Slysoft website for free. Run AnyDVD, right click on the BR image, click open, then mount in virtual clone drive. It should open in PowerDVD as if the disc were in a drive. ---Chikn.