1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mp3 to Cda ... how to eliminate blank between two tracks?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by abanerji, Feb 16, 2009.

1. abanerji

abanerji Member

I use Nero (OS : XP-pro SP2) to convert mp3 to cda. Generally, it's quite ok. However, some mp3 pieces in cda form, contains vast blank, e.g., say the mp3 number is 6 minutes, and in cda form it plays full for six minutes and then runs blank for several minutes, before the next track starts.

How to correct these gaps during the burn?

Thanks.

2. abanerji

abanerji Member

I thought of clarifying my query.

I did search for my issue, but all I came up with was about "two seconds gap" between numbers. I understand Nero can eliminate this small gap. I am using Nero version 6.

What I meant was my burnt CDA has several minutes of gap (and not the normal two seconds). This doesn't happen always. So, wondering if it has got to do something with the mp3 quality of particular pieces?

Any advice from anybody would be appreciated. Thanks,

3. grampyga

grampyga Regular member

Let’s narrow it down to either source, media or a burning program.

Does this gap happen before or after with a particular song? (Make sure that you do not have “silent” minutes before or after by playing your .mp3 file.)

Does this gap happen with any CD players?

I’m not sure about Nero. Though, have you try some of those media players (Windows Media Player, iTune, REAL player etc.) to burn?

4. abanerji

abanerji Member

Thanks for your response.

The "gap" happens only with some numbers, and in the CDA the gap comes only after the song has played. But, when I play the original mp3, there is no gap.

The gap happens both in CD-player (it's a Bose system), and in the PC too.

I will try burning with WMP, and see.