1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTMPGEnc proper settings?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Kaila, Sep 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaila

Kaila Member

Hi can anyone tell me how to reencode avis to mpeg that isnt too big for the tv? coz when i burn them into vcd, it looks as if the pictures are too big... the subtitle below the pictures arent fully seen. is the problem in the reencoding in TTMPGEnc or the burning itself in nero?

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

OK I am drunking and even I dont understand you, but perhaps you have not selected the correct screen siye in TMPEnc when you encode the movie. Try selecting 16 9 if the movie was widescreen and not 4 3 type.

Skol

Paul.

3. Kaila

Kaila Member

ok... let me see if i can explain it more properly this time. When I burn a VCD it crops the top and bottom of the video and since the movie has subtitles beneath it, the subtitles cant be seen anymore. I surfed the web and i found something bout the TV overscan region...it could be the prob.

"TVs have an area at the top and bottom (also the left and right) known as the "overscan region". This is not visible to the user and is used to align the picture to the TV tube correctly. I suspect that this is the reason that you cannot see the top and bottom of the original picture. The TV is cropping the overscan"

Last edited: Sep 15, 2002
  4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Look at our DivX to VCD guide at our article page and look at the TMPGEnc's settings, using those settings you can avoid this problem.

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/

5. Kaila

Kaila Member

thanks it was a great help!!!

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

np.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.