1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA to HDMI cable not working!

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Jaenus, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Jaenus

Jaenus Member

I've got a bit of a problem over here. I bought a VGA to HDMI cable with the intent to plug the VGA from my latop and HDMI to my TV. My laptop reads the TV, it knows it's plugged into something, but when I switch to my HDMI input I get NO SIGNAL. I've tried all the different inputs and nothing.

My laptop STILL sees the TV and I have the dual monitor set up correctly. It works when I plug a VGA to VGA cable in, but that slot is used up for my desktop.

I only ask because my brother had the same issue as me, we bought 2 cables, he said his laptop reads the TV but the TV gets no signal.

The cable is basically this here: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-1-8-Meters-...yZ149974QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. ads

ads Member

Ok you have 2 choice one is properties and add the second moniter the other is if you look at the F5 f10 keys one of them will have a square and then a a / and a blue square or a moniter... press fn then that and see what happens.. your tv should be labled in the back Ie hdmi 1 ect use the side one usally its hdmi 4.. do that with the tv set as that and you should get a picture the only problem is see is your going from analog to didtal with no converter to do it.. should be able to go from didtal to analong but depends.. not sure if you can go didatal to analog

3. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

The advert for that cable is crap to be honest.
    How would audio be able to be carried over the HDMI when the signal originates from a VGA port, VGA does not and never will allow audio to be output.
    Also how do they expect HD to be put over the HDMI when its again starting at a VGA port. SVGA has a max output of 800x600, but your TV will probably be looking for 720P upwarsd if an HDMI cable is plugged in.
    You'll need to set the TV to 800x600 and hope that will allow it to work, you'd be better off just using a standard VGA cable and using a PC port on the TV.