AfterDawn Forums

Can i burn ps2 games in dvd-rw?

This discussion thread has 8 messages.

I have dvd-rw when i play in ps2 it shows images of the games after that it goes to black screen.I used dvd decrypter to burn ps2 iso in dvd-rw.
▼▼ This topic has 7 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Even the PS2 that can read DVD RW , it is very hard on the laser, so not recommended.

Use DVD-R to burn ISO using imgburn.
If you use DVD+R, make sure to set BOOKTYPE to DVD-ROM

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB
what is the difference between dvd-r and dvd-rw.dvd-rw is just we can write.I think dvd-r and dvd-rw are same because both have -r.If not please tell me how can i run dvd-rw.

PLEASE I SPEND 2 DAYS FOR DOWNLOADING THE GAME
It is much cheaper as I said to buy DVD-R, then to try and get DVD-RW to work on your PS2.
Your PS2 may be one of the versions that these discs will not work, and as I said, it puts a heavy strain on your laser.

If your hell-bent on using them, then try a different burn speed.
Burn at 4x

DVD-RW and DVD+RW do not use dyes, these use a malleable "phase change material" that can be altered. It's not meant for permanent storage, not at all.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB
Just buy a dvd-r or dvd+r pack and be done with it.

To simplify smokyrain's answer about the differences between -R and -RW, RW means "rewritable," meaning you can erase the data on it and write over it again.

This makes it perfect for short-term storage, but like smokyrain also said, it puts a lot of strain on the laser (and not just the PS2's, but any laser in general), which is why it might not work on your PS2.

DVD-R and DVD+R are both write-once only, so you can't erase the data that's been put on them. But if you're burning PS2 ISOs, then all you need to do is burn once, anyway.
no it is not possible to burn your ps2 games into a dav format because dvd's and games use differently formatted cd's

iPhone 2nd gen (3g)
Dell inspiron (250gb, 2gb memory,windows vista)
psp- want to add acrylic case with LED's
Originally posted by Odara:
no it is not possible to burn your ps2 games into a dav format because dvd's and games use differently formatted cd's
Where do you see anyone asking this?

The post was about DVD-RW discs.

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.