1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ForceASPI 1.7 doesn't list in Add-Rem Progs list?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by wguru, Feb 27, 2009.

1. wguru

wguru Member

Not sure, don't believe ForceASPI full installs include any programs per say, but I've seen stranger things listed in Windows Add-Remove Programs list, but not ASPI, nor does (I think) 'ASPI's accompanying application (aspichk.exe).

Moreover ASPI isn't listing in/on 'my' XPH/SP2 start/programs list, but unless searching registry for ForceASPI/ASPI (or user notes), it's a little disconcerting that apparently users have so little indicating ASPI drivers/dll's installed and did so correctly.

All this is likely pretty much a non-issue, but I sure thought ForceASPI used to and is supposed to at least list in Add-Remove assumedly if only affording a ready means to uninstall it (if that's even afforded).

Apologies for possible 'senior moment' or 'improper' assumptions, but would like to know what others think about this and what others are finding.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  2. attar

attar Senior member

The 'KillASPI' bat file, included with the package, removes the ASPI layer.
    I doubt anyone running XP or Vista has need of ASPI - the programs that require it are older burning apps which should be spelling out the need for it.

3. wguru

wguru Member

Thanks for the info. The kill' thing sounds familiar, think I did read that once, as also the XP - Vista thing.

Don't suppose my having installed it on either OS is meaningful (or of consequence)?

As for add-remove, I'm thinking that ForceASPI once listed in add-remove?