1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clone DVD Prob

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by barn.door, Mar 10, 2004.

1. barn.door

barn.door Guest

having probs burning DVD's, Using DVD Decypter, DVD2one 123 to compress, and Clone DVD to burn to disk, Clone DVD burns the disk OK using Memorex DVD+RW 2.4x, but when i use Bulkpaq DVD-R 4x or Ritek DVD-R 4x just get a error message when Clone DVD starts to burn "Write DVD 5.55" I've burn't both DVD-R's before OK with Clone DVD, anyone had a similar prob?
    Can anyone explain how to burn decypted and compressed data Using Easy CD&DVD Creator V6? Tried Using Nero, but my writer does not seem to like it? its a Sony DRU500A 20H Firmware flashed from a DW-U10A, Any help would be great, thanx

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

barn.door,

My friend, the problem IS Easy CD Creator.

It is by far the worst program to have around DVD ripping and burning software :-(

Jumping around your posts I know -

Nero Loves your writer, it hates Roxio.

Next, Just because it says Ritek doesn't mean it's good - Ritek makes 50 % of all the media available "The good, the bad and Yes, the ugly".

We're looking for Ritek G04 dye OR Verbatim (AZO metal Dye is good !!)

I have no idea why you're using 123 to compress, DVD2One compresses as does CloneDVD (that's twice, 321 would make it three times, you Have GOT to be kidding - Lol)

We can help you with Nero, CloneDVD, Decrypter BUT I think any help on Roxio Easy CD Creator will be few and far between - I know of no one "Senior" level or above that has anything positive to say about Roxio)

Anyway, Welcome to the Club,

Pete

3. barn.door

barn.door Guest

Thanx pete,
    i use Easy CD mainly for the packet writing which it seems to do well, to clear things, i have been decrypting with DVD Decrypte, compressing with dvd2one 123, and burning with the "Write existing Data" Option of Clone DVD, that way has burned both the Bulkpaq Orange & Ritek Go4's, started having probs, so i thought i would flash the drive to DRu500A, now will Clone DVD will not look at bulkpaq or ritek, only the Memorex DVD+RW,
    most of my mates swear by Nero, from what you've said and what i've read, think i should have another look at it.
    what about DVD Shrink?
    Is the Memorex a completely different dye to the others?

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Memorex doesn't have much of a "rep" - in some cases it has been reported as much as 50 % disc failure :-( It seems to be a quality control issue -

I think DVD shrink and Nero are great as is CloneDVD BUT, with your Roxio packet writing, Nero won't work and most likely you’ll continue having difficulties with CloneDVD ! I’ll tell you straight out, as I’ve said before, the issues aren’t anything as much as it Roxio. If you spend some time reading these threads you'll find a plethora of issues caused by your Roxio.

Me, I liked Easy CD for putting together my music CD’s but It ruined far too many programs for me to keep it onboard Soooooo, Walk the plank is what I made it do ->

If you ever decide to expel it from the schoolroom, let me know and I’ll be glad to help you set up DVD Shrink and Nero :p

Pete

5. barn.door

barn.door Guest

pete,
    the memorex has been my most reliable disk to date,
    It looks loike i may have cracked my prob,
    got the latest DVD Shrink,
    Ripped a disk with DVD Decrypter, processed with DVD Shrink to a ISO file, thought i might try Alchol 120%, to burn a ISO file, then noticed on DVD Shrink u can burn ISO's with Decrypter, tried a Bulkpaq Orange (Princo Dye,my drive's not supposed to like that dye) that Clone DVD spat out,
    burned like a DREAM!
    Did another disk the same way, burned a Ritek GO4 that Clone DVD had also spat out,
    same result!
    and, yes u r right, i uninstalled Clone DVD.
    Clone DVD is probly a good prog, but maybe something else i have installed is conflicting with it, and winning?
    DVD Shrink & Decrypter are small, well written pieces of software, without the fancy bits,
    (the moving sheep?)
    The best way is the one that works best for each person on each system?
    expeled Clone DVD from the schoolroom today, if i decide to let Nero in, i will certainly remember your offer,
    thanx pete