1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 MPC+CCCP Scaling Issues

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by KeniMorri, Mar 8, 2009.

1. KeniMorri

KeniMorri Member

Problem
    When I change the aspect ratio(size) of a video its quality drops by large amounts. Including Full Screen.

It's a very noticeable difference in quality, and another strange thing is that when I Full Screen with subtitles on, those go down in quality as well.

As Stated I'm Running MPC+CCCP <-- And I fiddled around with some settings to get subtitles to show, but even without the fiddling its quality is bad.

Another note: Would be that the video quality is fine in Windows Media Player, when subtitles are enabled the aspect ratio gets all weird but the video quality is fine.

It's really just pissing me off because I started to like Windows 7, but I watch allot of media, and this just kills the experience

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Maybe it's Windows 7 beta's version of DRM. Even if no DRM is involved.

3. KeniMorri

KeniMorri Member

=/ maybe, never thought of that.
    If I can't fix this I guess i'll boot up my XP partition, and play around with that until this gets resolved

4. varnull

varnull Guest

you are using a beta OS... we are not doing any dev work for this beta until it goes public full retail release... because M$ will move the goalposts to put in and enable all the drm right at the death just like they did with fista.

5. KeniMorri

KeniMorri Member

=/ darn, oh well less media= more time to do school work so I guess this is a win in my book o.-

I do hope something comes up to fix this though. I wasn't aware of vista's DRM, I didn't have that prob back when I had vista, but I guess I'll look into it.