1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Cinema Calibration - Essential

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Oriphus, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

For anyone that has a Projector, Plasma, HDTV, or ordinary TV and enjoy the best picture quality possible, chances are, you are missing out. To get the best of your system, be it Audio or Visual, make sure to get your hands on a system calibrator. When i first got my projector the picture seemed to have a high saturated green level and a few other colour problems. I spent 45mins with Digital Video Essential and i have such a perfect Visual and Audio system, its unreal. The difference is phenomenal.

Uk Users can get the Calibration tool here:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...6299/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/026-6420057-0890027

US Users can get the Calibration tool here:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ref=sr_1_1/103-7178461-1727800?v=glance&s=dvd

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

If you own Highlander the immortal edition there is also a THX and video calibration tools on the disc. They work great not only for that movie but others.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Seriously? Thats pretty cool. Though, does it come with a R/G/B filter for getting colour saturation exactly right. THe one i got enabled you to look through the filter and set contrast, colour, tint and more. It was great.

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Unfortunately its not specific to RGB, it only allows you to optimize the contrast. Since the bigest complant with the earlier releases was being too dark, this alows you to correct it. On the Dvd in the main menu select THX optimizer. This takes you to THX seciton where you can adjust your speakers based on a test pulse and the contrast with an eight shade white box test.

My 1974 Zenith 2 fails the constrast test, I really have to look to see the eight boxes. My bigest problem is that the colour will filp while watching a disc. I know this is due to the converts, as the tv only has 300ohm pair screw for video in.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I have mine all set up perfectly that i really dont want to experiment with this method of yours, though it does sound good. Any others reading this thread, have a look at it before you get the DVE. If you have an expensive Home Cinema system, then i recommend the DVE (or Avia) for the detail it goes into.