1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting vob/remove black bars/resize

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by lostlight, Mar 18, 2009.

1. lostlight

lostlight Member

would like to know if theres a program that will remove the black bars from the video and resize it like dr. divx does but can use other codecs like some lossless ones and save it as avi or any other formats

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. jony218

jony218 Guest

fairuse wiazard lite is the only one that can take your vob's (as long as they are in a ISO) and convert them to avi without messing up the audio/video sync. It has a screen where you can crop the video.

Avidemux can take an avi and crop the black bars off of them and resave it as a avi. But it doesn't work too good on mpegs and vob's. It will accept vob's but you need to have other programs to fix the audio stream otherwise you get audio/sync problems.

convertx2dvd can take an avi or existing dvd files and crop the blackbars during conversion to dvd.

videoredotvsuite can take mpegs/dvd's and crop them before converting to dvd. It also is good frame accurate editor.

I use these programs all the time to remove the black bars from my videos. There isn't a single program that will work on all files, you need different programs depending on what the input file is.

4. attar

attar Senior member

@jony218

The point about Avidemux and sync problems is well taken - however, I find that when the source is (DVD) Film, clicking (on the top menu) 'Video' > 'Frame Rate' and setting it to 23.976, gets rid of the sync problem.
    Saving/burning as AVI with that frame rate doesn't cause any problems on playback on my standalone player.

5. lostlight

lostlight Member

thanx for your help