1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony BDP-S350 or Panasonic DMP-BD35EB-K

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by rogue20, Mar 18, 2009.

1. rogue20

rogue20 Regular member

Hi, i'm thinking about buying the panasonic DMP-BD35EB-K Blu-Ray player, but i've read on some reviews it makes a lot of noise playing standard dvd's and some Blu-Ray dvd's.

Does anyone own the panasonic and if the drive does make a lot of noise would the Sony BDP-S350 be a better buy, thanks

2. error5

error5 Regular member

I have the Panasonic BD55 and I've seen the BD35 in action at a friend's house. They're both dead silent during BluRay playback.

I don't use it for SD DVD as I have the Reon-based Toshiba HD-XA2 for that.

Either one should be a good entry-level player.

3. rogue20

rogue20 Regular member

Great, thanks for the info, the panasonic is cheap on amazon at the moment.

4. harnarn

harnarn Member

I have the Panasonic BD35EB-K and i play both BD and DVD-BD-5/9 avchhd on it and it don't give as much as an blip then playing..
    Cheers

5. harnarn

harnarn Member

BTw i have tested Samsung BDP1500-2500 for a couple of days ( but in the end i turned them back to store because they did't play BD-5/9 at all). then i bought the panasonic and it works like a clock on BD5/9 .. but minde you the DVD playback on the both samsungs there superb. the panasonic is god but not so god at DVD..
    Cheers

6. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

I had the Sony S350 and thought the picture quality was not bad. It was also dead silent when playing movies. But I switched to the S550 and the picture is amazing. I haven't seen the Panasonic BD35/ or 55, but I've "heard" that it’s only slightly or barely noticeably better in picture quality than the S350/S550, however last time I checked the Panasonic line is a bit more expensive. Personally, I would go with Sony.