AfterDawn Forums

Playing games downloaded from torrent on xbox 360

This discussion thread has 29 messages.

I have downloaded a game from utorrent & burned it on a DUAL LAYER DVD & inserted it in my xbox 360.It starts loading but suddenly stops & an error comes :

"unrecognized disc"

I need help please?

I burned it with the help of blindwrite on a dual layered disc of moserbaer.

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong ?
Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks
▼▼ This topic has 28 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Games downloaded off the internet needs to be patched, you can't just burn them onto DL & expect it to play, this will never work.
I usually make back-up of original using XBC & same to write or can even use IMGBURN.
Downloading games off the interent or any 3rd party is usually risky but even you want save few dollars then choice is yours.
May also be the disks. try different burn speed or different disks. Make sure to run all Iso's through ABGX before burning.
Originally posted by RXV2300:
Games downloaded off the internet needs to be patched, you can't just burn them onto DL & expect it to play, this will never work.
I usually make back-up of original using XBC & same to write or can even use IMGBURN.
Downloading games off the interent or any 3rd party is usually risky but even you want save few dollars then choice is yours.
Thanks for the reply but can u please tell me how to patch the game I have downloaded from torrent

I don't want to play the game on xbox live
So please answer accordingly (sorry if I am using harsh language)

Reply would be appreciated
Originally posted by belenos:
May also be the disks. try different burn speed or different disks. Make sure to run all Iso's through ABGX before burning.
Thanks for your reply , But

Can u please tell me what is ABGX ?

From where can I download it ?

Please remember that I have downloaded the game from utorrent.(sorry if I am using harsh language)

I need your help please.

Thanks
ABGX scans the iso to be sure it is a proper rip and stealthed properly. and newest version is available here

http://abgx360.net/download.html
I know this is going to sound stupid, but I've seen it before... is your 360 modded?
I'm only asking because Ive read a few ppl downloading games not realizing that the system needs to be flashed first :)

nice catch there ppedro. Jas please tell me your console is modded!!
Originally posted by RXV2300:

what are you talking about???? hardley any games uploaded within the last year need to be patched. ever since iexteme came out, 99.9% of the games are prepatched retail copies.

so yes you can download then, burn them and expect them to play. i've done this numerous times and have had zero fail me yet.

Come talk with us on efnet at #elitemods !!! or just click ME

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
you are totally correct wabashman but i would still recommend running them through ABGX just to stay on the safe side.
oh most definitely you should run them through agbx, heck, i do that all the time even with no internet connection at home to ensure they will verify, all i need to see is if the SS PFI DMI all look good and im satisfied.

but to state that you 'have' to patch every game you download is just flat out wrong and most of the ends up screwing people over because they go attempt to replace valid files with incorrect ones that would lead to the game not loading, or a faster way to a banning.

ALSO, DO NOT SEND ME MESSAGES ON LIVE REGARDING MODDING CONSOLES, OR HOW I PLAYED A CERTAIN GAME EARLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND. I WILL INSTEAD DELETE YOUR MESSAGE, AND BLOCK ALL COMMUNICATION FROM YOU. JUST SEND ME A PM ON HERE.
Originally posted by wabashman:
oh most definitely you should run them through agbx, heck, i do that all the time even with no internet connection at home to ensure they will verify, all i need to see is if the SS PFI DMI all look good and im satisfied.

but to state that you 'have' to patch every game you download is just flat out wrong and most of the ends up screwing people over because they go attempt to replace valid files with incorrect ones that would lead to the game not loading, or a faster way to a banning.
Thanks for the reply

I'll manage everything, but please tell me how to patch the game i have downloaded from torrent & my XBOX 360 is modded (sorry bcz I forgot to tell you)
to patch the game just run it through AGBX, but it shouldnt need anything done to it.

i only have access to torrents and have been burning games for about 6 months i have never had to patch a game or anything like that just un rar and burn just as a heads up

Thanks for the reply

I'll manage everything, but please tell me how to patch the game i have downloaded from torrent & my XBOX 360 is modded (sorry bcz I forgot to tell you)
hate to qoute myself, but i already told you how to patch it.

to patch the game just run it through AGBX, but it shouldnt need anything done to it.

Originally posted by belenos:
nice catch there ppedro. Jas please tell me your console is modded!!
Thanks for the reply

will you stop posting the same crap over and over and over. that freaking question has been answered twice by myself already.

To patch a game through ABGX, follow this tutorial

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/732074

To get instant assistance with Flashing / JTAG / Homebrew from experts for free! click me (Im not one of the said experts BTW)

Make poverty history, cheaper drugs NOW!
dont bother wasting your time with a tutorial or telling this person how to do it. ive already stated to run through agbx twice now. all the person does is just respond with the same darn thing every time.

will you stop posting the same crap over and over and over. that freaking question has been answered twice by myself already.
LOL sounds like an automated system replying to everyone.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 25 Mar 2009 @ 16:52
swarraws Suspended due non-functional email address
How To check if its modded or no???
plz tell me
check it whats modded? your console? if so, how would you not know if its modded or not? if you did buy it from someone else, you could always just ask them, or burn a game and see if it plays it.

Afterdawn- Come for the help, Stay for the lulz.

How to Stealth Patch Your 360 Games (Idiot-Proof Guide)-
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/732074
How to Burn a 360 Game (Idiot-Proof Guide)-
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/729303
you should get a .dvd file with it. select that and then burn (it sets the layer break).
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.