1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advent 4213 Notebook Help and Advice!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by mkohman, Mar 27, 2009.

1. mkohman

mkohman Regular member

Hey Guys,

Just purchased a Advent 4213 Netbook from online for £219.00.. these are going for £299.00 but I got a great deal on a refurbished model from a reputable company.. in the UK..

it has 160GB HDD and 1GB RAM and comes with XP.. I have been reading some other forums on how to upgrade the RAM to a 2GB RAM which can be purchased for £15-20 in UK. which is worth the extra 1GB..

However as this has not got a CD or DVD Rom as its a netbook does anyone know how I can upgrade this to Vista 32 BIT from XP? I have original Vista DVD 32 and 64bit and also I have a 4GB flash drive and a usb2 100GB HDD if this helps at all.. but how would I upgrade it to VISTA?

Also does anyone else have this model netbook and if so whats your experiences.. is it good? this is my first netbook and I can't wait for it to be delivered..

Please help and advice.. thanks guys..

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

first go to the manufacturer's website and search your laptop's model number in the "support/drivers" section of the website. see if the drivers are even available. on many newer laptops are built with hardware that will not work with XP. For example my brother bought a Sony laptop about a year and a half ago, and he is stuck with Vista because there are no drivers made for XP.