1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDVD 3 Help

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by harryarch, Mar 30, 2009.

1. harryarch

harryarch Member

Do I need an AVI Codec (for ConvertXtoDVD 3) for burning video files created in Premiere? The preview window shows me a distorted shot of the file I'm attempting to burn. When the burn process is complete the DVD does not work. Am I correct in guessing I need some sort of AVI Codec (if yes, anybody have a link)?

2. Joleca

Joleca Regular member

Not familiar with "Premiere", so have no idea what type of files it creates... But, first make sure you're using the latest version of ConvertXtoDVD 3 (now at 5.3.2).. Do the files play fine on your computer?? If they do, ConvertX should have no problem and what you see in the preview window is normally just a "speeded-up" version of the video. Are you selecting the correct type for your region (NTSC vs PAL), and are you using the correct type of media (-R, +R).

If all your settings are correct and you're still having problems you might want to ask the experts at the VSO ConvertX forum:

ConvertXtoDVD 3 Forum

If you still need codecs, I use the K-Lite codec pack (full version).. haven't had any problems with anything I've tried yet.

3. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

CXD does not require external codecs; it's all built-in. Burning definitely doesn't use any video codecs. As already mentioned, check that the files created by Premiere can be played in software players. Use only high-quality media like Verbatim and TY and burn at half the rated speed for maximum reliability. Also, make sure the firmware is up-to-date.