1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doom 3 & Neverwinter Nights 2: Can't backup

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by gbroman, Mar 31, 2009.

1. gbroman

gbroman Regular member

Stinker problem backing up Doom 3 and NWN 2. I have used Alcohol 120% and 5 Star GameCopy.
    5 Star GC gives the protection on Doom 3 as being Safedisc 3.20.22 and for NWN 2 it is SecurRom 7.00.00
    Doom 3: Alcohol 120% makes backups using Copy Wizard and Safedisc / that will load the games to computer but they will not oblige when I want to play the game. I am asked to insert the CD Disc 1.The backup copy does not get the gaame to kick in to start mode.
    When making the back-up, fter the initial reading of the game cd the program says "NO RMPS info in the source. You are not able to make a copy using this Data type" (what device? My Asus 1814BL DVD drive or Alcohol 120% Safedisc 3/4/5?)then sets about dumping the data to HDD and it is loaded with read errors from the start to the end. Completes in almost 4 hours....still has the full 631MB that is on the master cd.

NWN 2: 5 Star GC says that the protection SecuRom 7.00.00 isn't fully working yet but the game May play in 5 Star Game Play.
    Alcohol 120% using SecuRom 3makes the backup and will install from it, but alas, it will mot get the installed game to start playing.
    5 Star GC creates the backup but that does the same thing.

Any ideas welcomed.
    I am only using the trial versions of Alcohol 120% and 5 Star GameCopy.

Do I need the registered versions of these programs and also need to update them for latest protection codes?
    Or can't thes CDs be backed up?

cheers in advance.

2. onya

onya Guest

The games concerned need the original as part of a media check. What you actually need is a cd patch. Please note that we cannot discuss this topic here at Afterdawn. Google is your best friend in this instance.
    Having said that, check out Slysoft's Game Jackal. This apparently, may be what you require, patches and all. Have a good read on what it can and can't do from their website help forums. It has a trial period by the way, so you can at least road test it.
    As you have already got the trial version of 120%, have a wander through their help forums and see what advice you may get on those games.

Here's a link to the game search...

http://www.120search.net/

Cheers.

3. gbroman

gbroman Regular member

Cheers onya. I have got the Jackal Pro 3205 and Enterprise trials. Will test spin shortly.

I'm new to backing up my games. Have backed up all my CD's and dvd's. and a few games that I have. Just the two I mentioned giving me grief. Well, I'll see what The Jackal does.
    Thanks also for the link to the copy protection pages, I have d'laoded them all. Dunno why, I don't have 1% of the games there.

Cheers again.

Well The Jackal works wonders. I had to update the Doom 3 Profile from the Original disc 1 for it to work though.
    Although the Jackal doesn't allow me to create a physical backup CD disc it does allow the game to be run from computer without the insertion of CD 1. This is ok but it means that I have to have the game/s loaded permanently to computer hard drive. I will need to get a bigger master or slave HDD.
    All good though.
    Cheers.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009