1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpu 100% with Nerovision

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by maeve1941, Apr 3, 2009.

1. maeve1941

maeve1941 Member

Hi,
    I use Nerovision to burn AVI to DVD and it always seems to use 100% of my CPU. Is this a fault with Nero, I have 8.3.6 version? I have Vista home premium with a dual processer and 2.5 gig of RAM. I also have the Vista codec pack (shark) installed along with DIVX (if this helps).
    I really can't do anything else when I am burning and have recently upgraded RAM from 1.5 gig. Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. grampyga

grampyga Regular member

I can’t say about your specific version of program. My understanding is;

In general most of program, if not all, use all available resources for video conversion to process lots of data. Though you should be able to do other things. Just it causes to take more time to finish. (Typically program set itself to lower priority.)
    For burning process, you should not be doing anything else for better burning quality.

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Have you tried setting Priority to 'below normal' or 'low'? My Version 7 usually runs at about 80%.

4. smurfgod

smurfgod Member

when i was running nero it took all my resources.know i use dvdflick and it takes all of em as well but dosent take near as long(not advertising dvdflick).but yea,when u convert,author,burn or whatever,the program you choose,will use all the available resources.like poster above said,try setting the priority to below normal but that will only free up about 10-20% and you probably want be able to do much with that.my advice...start it then go to school,worketc,etc..

smurf