1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection problem with betfair poker when azureus is open

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by roken08, Apr 6, 2009.

1. roken08

roken08 Member

Hello,

I'm currently having trouble with the betfair poker software. Whenever my housemate has azureus open on his computer, it causes betfair poker on my computer to experience connection problems (connection is lost for recurring, short periods of time). If I then close azureus on his computer, betfair poker has no problem at all.

We have a bt homehub and are both connected via ethernet. The computers are running vista (although the same problem was experienced when running XP).

Please help, thanks in advance.

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

He is running too many torrents at once, overloading the upstream on your internet connection. Vuze allows you to set the maxiumum number of active torrents and seeds, as well as the maximum upspeed.

3. roken08

roken08 Member

Unfortunately I don't think it's as easy as that. I have experienced the same problem even when he's got only 1 or no torrents at all running! Thanks for suggestion though.

4. Distrance

Distrance Regular member

Then he is lying to you about the torrents because THAT IS the problem. If you have slow upload speed like most internets have 1M or 2M, it means you can upload 100-200kB/s at maximum. If your friend is uploading near the maximum of your internets upload speed, that causes web browsers and programs that use internet to lag / disconnect. It's a fact.

If you have 1M upload speed then restrict the upload speed to 50kB/s maximum in overall, not just per torrent. All programs allow this. But for your friend I'd suggest getting µTorrent, the most lightweight torrent program ever.. Instead of a memory hogger Azureus.

5. roken08

roken08 Member

OK, thanks for the advice. I will limit the upload speed. Cheers