1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

minidisc to computer

Discussion in 'Audio' started by kirriejim, Apr 7, 2009.

1. kirriejim

kirriejim Member

hi can i transfer my minidisc (midifiles)to my computer as midifiles if possible as i should have saved them on pc before putting them on minidisc
    im using a sony mds-je480 and mds-je510
    if not as midifiles any other format
    thanks for any help kirriejim

2. Mez

Mez Active member

You sound a bit confused. Files can be copies from a mini disk to your computer. With the proper software and know how you can alter them on your computer. You will need to burn them back to a mini disk if you want to put them back on a mini disk.

It is helpful if you are confused and don't really know what you want to do technically, just express what you want to do in non technical terms.

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

i don't think either of those units have a USB connection, so you would have to record the audio into your computer using the analog line in port or if your computer sound card has a digital input such as coax or optical you could input your files that way. you can record them using a free audio editor like audacity.

also how are they midi files? i think minidiscs only use their own atrac-3 format. where are you getting midi files from?