1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Walkman MP3 is acting weird...

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by lainerssx, Apr 9, 2009.

1. lainerssx

lainerssx Member

Alright, so my Sony Walkman MP3 player(which i got Christmas 2007) is being really weird. What's going on is every time i plug it up to charge, it says, 'Low Battery. Charge.' Which is what I'd think I was doing.
    But one time after I charged it overnight, i woke up, unplugged it, and the screen would not turn off. It stayed on for about 3 days, then shut off again. What I'm guessing is that it was fully charged, then after the days went by, it died again. But it wouldn't let me access my music.

I have NO IDEA what's going on, and I need some help, please.

2. meman887

meman887 Member

Some other well known branded MP3/MP4 Players suffer from simular issues, so it's not unique problem, like my ZEN X-Fi 8GB sometimes it will refuse to turn off (as in ignore the on/off button) but do everything else fine though, till I press the reset button then I can turn it on/off again.

But anyway this is what I can suggest.

Suggestion 1:
    All I can suggest is checking the Sony site for any firmware updates that might be avalible.

Suggestion 2:
    If the MP3 player refuses to turn off when you press/slide the on/off button, then simply press the reset button and it will fix the refusal to turn off problem.

But be aware that using the reset button may reset settings or may do some other changes, so caution is advised.

Suggestion 3:
    Alternatively contact SONY and explain to them what the problem is to see if you can get an RGA (Return Goods Authorization).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009