1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback problems - ffdshow not working

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ruby2, Apr 11, 2009.

1. ruby2

ruby2 Member

Hey Guys,

I am really new to this and know nothing so let me know if I have missed something obvious. I have both .flac and a .avi files I need to play and none of the players on my comp support them. I downloaded ffdshow and I am still getting the same error.

Previously I have also tried divx and xvid and I also tried to download AVIcodec to see if I could pinpoint the codec I needed but it couldn't read the files either.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

2. onya

onya Guest

3. ruby2

ruby2 Member

Thanks for that.

I tried looking at both the files and I am getting an error that the rendering failed and a code "0x80040265: [unknown]" I can't find much info or help on g-spot. Do you know what this means?

should i just give up?

4. dlitt45

dlitt45 Member

I had success playing flac files in directshow players when I installed madFlac and WMP (windows media player) Tag Support Extender.

Getting ready to install ffdshow, haali media splitter, and gabest flv splitter to see if I can extend the types of files I can play in WMP and media player classic home cinema.