AfterDawn Forums

My wbfs manager doesn't work can someone out there help me????

This discussion thread has 37 messages.

i just yesterday installed wbfs manager 2.2.2 i partitioned 50gb of my 930gb harddrive specifically for wbfs i'ce already backup 11 of my games on to the hard drive using the wii to back it up everytime i try to load drive F: wbfs partion it keeps giving me this error error ocurred while loading drive. Make sure drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to wbfs

what am i doing wrong?? please help thank you

rab
▼▼ This topic has 36 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I tried to help you with this issue before in another thread.

Lets get somthing cleared up. When you DO NOT have the USB drive connected to the PC how many drive letters do you have and what drive letters are used?

Please answer the question above (make sure the USB HDD is not connected when you do the above). Also make sure you list all the drive letters that are used.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 14 Apr 2009 @ 12:08
Im having the exact same problem.I have already tried three different drives.My wii formatted all three and allowed me to put games on them but when I hooked them up to my pc I was getting the same problem.
Try going HERE and read this thread. This guy had your same issue and fixed it.
Originally posted by rab1983:
i just yesterday installed wbfs manager 2.2.2 i partitioned 50gb of my 930gb harddrive specifically for wbfs i'ce already backup 11 of my games on to the hard drive using the wii to back it up everytime i try to load drive F: wbfs partion it keeps giving me this error error ocurred while loading drive. Make sure drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to wbfs

what am i doing wrong?? please help thank you
can you try this? A stand alone tools..

http://www.tehskeen.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=3695
I tried doing everything in that thread and Im still ending up with the same problem.At first I had thought my external hard drive wasn't compatible but the wii was recognizing it.Usb loader even let me format it.I even loaded game on it and the worked fine but for some reason WBFS manger wouldn't load or format my hard drive.
are you able to see the hardrive letter using windows?
Yeah it shows up.
is there a thread on how to use it.
Originally posted by fred1005:
just launch the gui one..its stand alone..its in GBA.. been using it even my friends.. there an update but this would be the simplest..
http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11156
All the wbfs tools have a problem opening my hard drive.
All the wbfs tools have a problem opening my hard drive.
Do you have 2 partitions on your USB Hard Drive?

If so do you have 2 drive letters for it? 1 for the fat/ntfs partition and 1 for the WBFS partition?
I dont have my hard drive partitioned.
larry sorry it took me a while to get back i;ve been running around all day.
when i do not have the hard drive plugged in i have drive C: and drive D:
when i plug in my 1tb i have C: mycomputer, D:dvd burner, E: partion for computer storage, and drive F: is where i keep wbfs

E and F is my wd 1tb my my book

rab
larry sorry it took me a while to get back i;ve been running around all day.
when i do not have the hard drive plugged in i have drive C: and drive D:
when i plug in my 1tb i have C: mycomputer, D:dvd burner, E: partion for computer storage, and drive F: is where i keep wbfs

E and F is my wd 1tb my my book
Your positive E: is PC partition and F: is WBFS? Your PC might have E: as WBFS and F: as PC partition. Just trying to cover all possible issues.

Also make sure the Partition is listed as a primary partition and not a logical partition as the above linked thread says.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 14 Apr 2009 @ 15:41
I'm positive on how it is setup

rab
can you create another partition, then used the WBFS tool to format the HDD, and test this if it recognized by the Wii? You can used acronis or Gpart to revert and re alocate the space if the problem still exist.
i created a new partition same problem exist.

rab
is this what you did?

1)create new partition , primary , FAT32.

2) The PC should assign a new drive letter.

3) Format the new partition to WBFS using The Windowd GUI tool.

4) The GUI should now recognized the drive.

5) try loading/trasfer game from PC to the NEW WBFS HDD.

6) connect HDD to Wii it should recognized the new Drive/partition.
this is what i did i create a parition by going to start> right clicked my compuer> clicked manage>storage manager>disk management> right clicked the usb hard drive E: > shrink volume designated 50gb to that partion then it showed unallocated volume> right clicked unallocated volume> simplify volume i gave it drive letter it does not give me an option to make if fat 32 just ntfs.. i took the drive to wii and plugged it if found the 50gb partition and formatted it..
Volume F: shows in my computer if click on it it asks me to format i klicked no and here i am after ive tried using wbfs manager and the other one

rab
this is what i did i create a parition by going to start> right clicked my compuer> clicked manage>storage manager>disk management> right clicked the usb hard drive E: > shrink volume designated 50gb to that partion then it showed unallocated volume> right clicked unallocated volume> simplify volume i gave it drive letter it does not give me an option to make if fat 32 just ntfs.. i took the drive to wii and plugged it if found the 50gb partition and formatted it..
Volume F: shows in my computer if click on it it asks me to format i klicked no and here i am after ive tried using wbfs manager and the other one
Try formating it to NTFS again and use the WBFS Manager 2.2 to format the drive to WBFS not the USB Loader.
same error message i just made a new partition f: 8Gb ntfs and fat32 and attempted to format with wbfs ERROR: error occured while attempting to format drive... im ready to throw my computer out the window along with the hard drive

rab
Can you try this WBFS, just launch sing the GUI exe..

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jmggynh2dkw
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.