AfterDawn: Tech news

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic selling well

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 15 Apr 2009 8:35 User comments (4)

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic selling well The Nokia 5800 XpressMusic has become something of a sleeper hit since its release in November of last year, hitting the 2.5 million sold milestone for the first three months of the year.
The device is touchscreen and can be considered more of music player than a phone. Its dual speakers face outwards and there is a 3.5mm headphone jack, two features not found on many phones. Also included are 81 MB of on-board memory and a large 8GB microSD card as well as a guitar pick stylus.

The sales data is from GC Capital's Tero Kuittinen which explains that Nokia was only expecting to sell 1 million of the phone but has handily beaten their conservative estimates.

Kuittinen adds that sales are being pushed thanks to the phone's decently low price as well as expansion into regions like Australia and Asia.

Previous Next  

4 user comments

116.4.2009 09:53

"considered more of music player than a phone"
I don't know as to what extent i agree with that statement. I have this phone, hell i got it on release day and so far its been really good, a little slow on getting the applications going for it and i have been disappointed by the desperate lack of games on it. The camera could have (should have) been a 5MP but i suppose Nokia shortchanged it on purpose to promote its upcoming N97. =[
As a phone however, its brilliant, and with the integrated GPS (which works flawlessly if i may add)its certainly one of the best phones i've had for a long time.

Definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a solid touchscreen phone.
=]

216.4.2009 16:01

I wish they had this in Canada :(

Nokia is #1...

317.4.2009 14:49

Can you do VOIP too? I'm looking for a new phone, and Nokia has always been my first choice.

423.4.2010 09:00
johns347
Inactive

SPAM removed

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 23 Apr 2010 @ 10:54

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
2 user comments
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive