1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avi2Dvd problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Wipuliwo, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Wipuliwo

Wipuliwo Member

hi i usually use nero to convert avi and other formats to dvd but recently i'v come across some mkv movies and i saw your tutorial witch explained how to use Avi2dvd everything works ok but the thing is when i have the "choose disk size" option it shows dvd-5 4.7gb or dvd-9 8.5 if i choose dvd-5 option when it finishes the size of the dvd is almost exactly 4.7gb and i can only write files up to 4.4gb on a dvd-r so i have to waste a DVD-DL to write something i should be able to write on a normal DVD can any1 help? :s

2. Wipuliwo

Wipuliwo Member

3. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Avi2DVD is one of the programs that is very selective with the files it will convert. You can also try to use dvd flick, which lets you customize the output size and is free.

4. Wipuliwo

Wipuliwo Member

ok thks but will it convert mkv? and dont u think its kinda ridiculous that Avi2dvd shows in the output (dvd-5 4.7gb or dvd-9 8.5gb) and then the file that comes out wont fit in any of this?

thks for the awnser i'll try that dvd flick

5. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Dvd flick can convert mkv files, as I have done a few conversions already.

I have noticed a few Avi2dvd files coming out to the edge of the dvd-5 range. I had usually used dvd shrink to compress them a few mb's.

I also noticed that dvd flick seems to convert much faster than Avi2dvd can, normally it takes about the length of the movie to convert the file.