1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to separte the audio and video from AVI

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Jinkazuya, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

well...I have an AVI video which contains a Vietnamese audio. But I just want the video of this, and I don't want the audio. That's what I wanna do, after getting rid of the audio, what remains is the video right? And I wanna merge it with the English Audio but since the theme song and the ending song are English in the AVI video. I wanna keep them. But the audio that I wanna merge with the Avi video does have some annoying commercial harsh noise or sound in the background in the ending theme song. Therefore, I would like to get rid of it and replace it with the one from the AVI video. How can I do that? I have done damn lots of research on the internet, but I didn't see any tutorial that shows you how to do this.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

To separate the Audio and video, among other software, you can use Avi-mux_Gui. It is very simple.

To edit the english audio, you could probably use Audacity . However, getting the new audio, with cut out and spliced parts to sync with the video, might be a bit challenging. I would just get a set of English subs.

3. varnull

varnull Guest

sounds like a complete re-edit to me .. and I'm guessing it will be close to impossible due to different frame rates for the two video sources (very likely as vietnamese tv afaik is ntsc 60hz.. and the english soundtrack may well be european 50hz based.

Might be possible to actually do a scene by scene edit with the audio carefully synced up.. and that shouldn't drift too much over the course of say (tv show) a minute or two per scene.

as for programs to do this.. I would use cinelerra.. or a physical analog editing suite (remember proper studio stuff.. with tapes?) but that's not an option for amateurs. Maybe somebody has already done this... and what I'm really not understanding is this.. WHY id you have both vietnamese and english avi's do you need to go to this trouble? .. why not just cut/splice the titles from the viet one on to the english one?

Not a project I would take on unless I was being paid a whole heap of cash.. hours and hours of editing.. is this worth the effort?.. as Cyp said.. get the subs XD

4. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

Done this and only 0.001 could be said is delayed and that means the video and audio is out of sync just very little and not that much. I was able to do that with Audacity and extracted the audio from RMVB and then splice them.

Avi-mux_Gui won't work. I don't know.

The process takes me about like 6 hours to do that. But it was a success. The reason it takes a lot of time is because I had to look for the frame and time in order to get the audio and video synced up.

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Avimux_Gui will not work with Rmvb;as the name suggests it, it will work with AVI files.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  6. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

It doesn't work with AVI and tried it over 10 times and checked with my other PC, laptop in this case, but no luck, doesn't work.

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

You mean it doesn't work to separate the audio from video? AvimuxGui works for me just fine.