1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do DSi flash carts support GBC/GBA titles?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by r47h, May 4, 2009.

1. r47h

r47h Member

In my research I've found out that I'm better off with a AceKard 2i or DSTTi but can't seem to find a straight answer whether DSi flash carts support only DS games or GBC/GBA games. I am not a big gamer, so would mostly be interested in classic titles like Pokemon Gold/Silver and Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Also, would it be in my best interest to buy a larger SD card for games or would the flash cart not be able to read them?

Thanks for all your help.

2. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

GB and GBC titles can be run through homebrew such as lameboy. I'm not sure about GBA games yet.

3. r47h

r47h Member

Will Lameboy work on a DSi?

I'm starting to think I should just get a DS for now and wait a few months for more development on the DSi. I hadn't realized the DSi was only released a month ago... So with homebrews, can I toggle more than one or do I have to stick with the same unless I unload/load another? Which is to say, if I put lameboy on my cart, would I be limited to only GB/GBC titles?

4. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

I dont have a DSi so I cant test it myself, but I believe that most homebrew that runs on the DS will run on a DSi just fine.

And lameboy, like most homebrew, runs as an .nds file. You start it just like any standard DS rom. Once it starts it gives you a file browser that lets you find your GB/GBC roms.

Basically, as far as the flashcart is concerned, lameboy is just another DS rom.