1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone tried the NEW Firmware for the Pioneer 107?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Mayor, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Mayor

Mayor Member

http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/computer/dvdwriters/dvr107d/support/firmware.html

I just saw this and was wondering if anyone has tried it and/or have heard of any issues with it.

Here is what is supposed to have included:

Update Information
    DVR-107D Firmware Update Information
    Version: 1.10
    Posted 23/2/2004

DVD-R/RW Writability Improvement
    +R/RW Writability Improvement
    CD-R/RW Writability Improvement
    DVD-RAM Readability Improvement
    DVD-R/RW Readability Improvement
    +R/+RW Readability Improvement
    DVD-Dual Layer Playability Improvement
    CD-ROM Readability Improvement

Thanks,

Mayor

Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  2. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  3. ripkord

ripkord Member

Does this allow dvd+r 8x media to be burned at 8x, nero doesnt have that option when i put my ritek 8x in, (it does when no disk is present)

4. ripkord

ripkord Member

ok it says in the release notes (not fixed 8x compatability with ALL + media ) :(

5. karatone

karatone Regular member

The Flashman firmware is awesome! I've got three of these Pioneer 107 drives all flashed and all work great! I only use minus media though,from most vendors the + media cost more so why if the minus is cheaper and works would you want to burn + in the first place. I can't say what the advantages if any the + has over - as for the Official 1.10 Pioneer firmware I'll take the flashman anyday!

6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I agree.

7. ripkord

ripkord Member

I got some plusses free thats all :)

8. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

karatone -
    I just got my 3rd pioneer a07/107 and I also only burn - r , mostly cost related. Flashman hack is the only way to go.

9. Mayor

Mayor Member

Guys,

Since I have already FLASHED my Pioneer 107 with the OFFICAL Firmware from Pioneer - does anyone know if I am now able to use FlashMan's Firmware upgrade?

Do you think it would kill the drive?

Thanks,

Mayor

10. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

You can flash it no problem use the link I put in the above post. The only thing is you need to assign you drive to drive letter g: . It will work great and you will love it. I have done 3 of them so far.

11. karatone

karatone Regular member

I'm addicted to these drives It seems,LOL! if the price drops even lower than the current ,I may get one more .It's so pleasing to get so much drive for such a low cost ,my 1st drive was a Pioneer retail A05 and it cost $200 compared to my 107s that are now down to $115 for the OEM bulk drive.

12. brimx

brimx Member

i dont understand. why would someone want more than one drive? lol.... and also... whats the difference from the original firmware the 107 comes with and the flashman? cuz i just bought my 107 and i love it, but i want to make it better if possible. whats so good about the flashman firmware?

please let me kno... thanks

13. brimx

brimx Member

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Nice bump lol

The difference is region free / increased ripping from 2x-12x / writing of 4x at 8x

15. nostress

nostress Member

Would flashman be okay to use with external also? I have just bought the 107 and am trying to learn how to use it. Just plugged into my laptop and it imediately recognized so I didn't have to install drivers. Should I reinstall with the drivers on cd or xp drivers good enough? Also tested a1 burn and it took 1hr and 20 minutes! I must be doing some thing wrong! Any help would be appreciated. Thaanks in advance.
    My operating system: Dell inspiron 5150 512 p4-3.0 nero 6 dvd shrink, dvd decyrpter.

16. StuL

StuL Member

FW version 1.12 is out from Pioneer which claims to improve performance with Ritek and some other discs. I just purchased a 107 and it came with FW version 1.09. It currently doesn't recognize the media code /manufacturer ID for Ritek G04 disks at all so it defaults to 2X write. If I update to the patched 1.10 I assume it will recognize the Ritek discs along with it's other advantages?

17. Sharne

Sharne Member

Is there a difference between Pioneer A107 and A07 - they only mention 'honey comb' for one drive - though me smells a sales ploy...
    Firmware 1.13 is out (Finale?) Not flashed anything yet till sure. Mail above reason for using 'flashman' seems 'region free' I use regionfree 3.33(?) for my sony CD-RW/DVD(Readonly) combo drive with no dramas - do DVD writers really need to be flashed in order 2 b region free?

18. kaledrr

kaledrr Member

I have pioneer dvr-107d, and I just put the hacked firmware. I am trying to burn at 8x Phlips DVD+R, but it only will burn at 2.4x, usning Nero 6

19. Sharne

Sharne Member

I bought the Pioneer A107D about 3 weeks ago - its been great - I've not touched the firmware at all. I've burnt at everything from 2 - 8 speed with no problems, mostly using TDK, Princo, Shintaro, and I think the only 8 speed i did was on a Verbatim. Great burner thus far.

20. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

As stated with the hacked firmware you can use more media at 8x (I use Princo 4x @ 8x NP).