1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Acer Lap Top Can"t read my dvd rom of the Movie the Rocky Horror Show

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by boppa99, May 10, 2009.

1. boppa99

boppa99 Member

What happens the dvd opens to pc friendly ,then tells you to fill resigtion details then after that you press ok,then its meant to run dvd rom ,but on the page it opens to is blank,with the outline of pc friendly,It is American dvd and Iam in Australia,But i can get to play the movie on windows media or any other dvd player program on my computer,but can not get the features to work for the dvd rom on pc friendly as well as there updated interaplayer which won"t run dvd rom as well,Can anyone help to get the dvd rom features to work?

2. grampyga

grampyga Regular member

It sounds like a “Region Code” issue. Your “American DVD” is region 1 and Australia is (I believe) region 4.

You may;
    1. Install the program (CSS Free, DVD43 etc.) to disregard the region code to watch with your player program (WinDVD, PowerDVD etc.)
    2. I believe some of media player programs disregard the region code.
    3. Make your drive region free by applying RPC1 firmware.
    4. Make a backup of DVD. In ripping process, you can make your video source region free (all region)

I’m not sure which is suitable for your situation. Also you need to understand that there is a screen size difference (PAL/NTSC), which won't be much of the problem as long as you watch on your PC.

3. boppa99

boppa99 Member

Hi its Simon again,I tryed backing up a copy of my Movie to see if I could get the dvd rom to work,But no good,Just plays the Movie.
    In the past I had a Different brand of laptop and it did work,
    I notice you said to try updating Firmware,Is there a charge on using that,From the web site?

4. grampyga

grampyga Regular member

Do you know your drive’s make, model and firmware version?
    You may want to start reading here.