1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring DVD to Computer

Discussion in 'DVD-VCR combos' started by MrMailman, May 15, 2009.

1. MrMailman

MrMailman Member

I have a Samsung DVD-VR330 that I have transferred home movies to. I've tried to use Clone DVD and DVD Shrink to transfer to computer for multi burning, but neither recognize the files. Any suggestions.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Were the disks finalized in the recorder.

3. MrMailman

MrMailman Member

Yes they were. What I want to do is rip it and get it to autorun, know any programs?

4. attar

attar Senior member

This disk plays ok on the PC, yet DVD Shrink gives an error when opening the files?

Are the files on the disk in a 'VIDEO_TS' folder that contains .ifo .bup .vob files?

5. JVC

JVC Active member

DVD Shrink won't work with newer movies. Shrink was deserted 2-3 yrs. ago, so it's not kept up with the latest copy protections. Download the free trial of AnyDVD, and give it a try:
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

6. forestm33

forestm33 Member

You'd think these companies would figure out that they're wasting their money. Strangely Sony is the first to give in when it comes to mp3 devices. New Sony mp3 players (for the first time) are drag and drop with NO software at all. Just a basic usb mass storage device. Thankgod since Sony's software has always been on the terrible side.

It makes you wonder if they'll do the same on the next generation of video (unlikely) having learned that when it comes to copy protection "if you build it, they will break it, for much cheaper than it cost you to build it".

7. GerryH2u

GerryH2u Member

The 'copy' thing is not a Recorder maker problem, or player or TV problem.

It's all about the "Movie making Industry" - aka Hollywood. These people are gangesters when it comes to money - and 'copying' [their] movies is messing with their profits.

I don't think there would have ever come up on the Radar and been a problem to begin with if it had been limited to people simply making "a" backup copy of "their" movies and stuff just in case.

The Lndustry got in the war when the cheese cracks started turning out "piles" of copies to hustle for street cash and losers to hand out trying to impress gals-n-pals at school. (The overseas counterfitters? - Ain't our problem.)