1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer SX-316 No Sound

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by shawanba, May 16, 2009.

1. shawanba

shawanba Guest

After I bought the set-up a couple of years ago, I connected the system through the Directtv box and everything worked great.

Now, I have had to make some financial changes and have opted for basic cable.

The same red and white RCA Plugs that were connected into the satellite box are now plugged into the red and white connections on the back of the Sylvania and I have no sound.

So, I switched the cables for another set and still no luck.

The tv only has the red/white/yellow connectors on the back and front, plus the coax cable connector.

Any ideas?

2. shawanba

shawanba Guest

After researching for a solution to my problem with the audio feed, I have discovered that perhaps this TV does not have audio OUT jacks.

So, if this is the case, what are my options other than investing in a new TV?

3. JVC

JVC Active member

Yeah, the red, white & yellow connections are for hooking up a dvd player, so they are inputs.
    About the only thing to do, that I know of, other than buy another tv with outputs, is to connect a stereo vcr, and use it's outputs.

4. mickyd124

mickyd124 Member

look for a opitcal socket on both as i had to do this on my set up to get sound

5. JVC

JVC Active member

He said the tv has only red, white & yellow connectons, along with cable's RF coax. Also has basic cable. Nothing has an optical connection.............
    Might help of you'd read the posts.