AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

LG begins shipping new BD390 Blu-ray player

news article released on:

LG has begun shipping its high end BD390 Blu-ray player this week, with a price tag of $400 USD. The player is the first of its kind to playback DivX videos at full 1080p, whether it is burned to a DVD or being played from a flash drive. Other nice specs the player has is Wi-Fi, 1GB internal storage and Blu-ray BD-Live compatibility. The BD390 also has built-in Netflix and YouTube ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

atomicxl Suspended due non-functional email address
Anytime I see a Blu-ray player selling for $400 or more, my mind always says, "So basically it's offering less movie features than a PS3 AND it can't play any games at all... and it cost more... ummm..."
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
So true, I got the ps3 and it does all this plus games, online, etc. I am happy with all the extras not on the basic blu ray player.
i really wouldn't mind a separated market, when people think Ps3 they think Media player, or blue-ray player when in fact its priority as a game machine was slandered. granted i do not see why they still charge 200+ for top of the line models. niche market i suppose.
This does do one thing the PS3 will not: Play Netflix movies. The PS3 is still a much better media center than this thing.
That's why I got the previous model at a nice price when Circuit City was going out of business.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.