1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 can't find _DS_MENU.DAT

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by HelpMeow, May 22, 2009.

1. HelpMeow

HelpMeow Guest

When I input my r4 into my Ds and open it the Ds then says Cannot find _DS_MENU.DAT
    For one I don't know what that is and the second why doesn't it work, I've checked youtube videos and it worked right of the bat so why won't it work like other peoples R4

2. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Have you put the firmware on the card, the site in my signature hosts all the firmwares - you do need to get the right one (of the 23 available). Unzip it on to the card, then try.

3. eotdeals

eotdeals Guest

Hi guys,click here:Update R4 v1.18 kernel After downloading and decompressing the new updated files, there will be one shell folder and two files _DS_MENU.DAT、 _DS_MSHL.NDS.Copy these files to the root directory of TF card to replace the former files,i hope this can help you!

4. genketsu

genketsu Member

i have the exact same problem.But my friend deleted the menu...... and i don't know how to decompress,unzip, and place the new files in the root directory tf plz help