1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd +&- R burning error with nero, alcohol, and . Should i buy a new dvd rom drive?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by steveVai6, May 25, 2009.

1. steveVai6

steveVai6 Guest

Ok here's the problem, I was trying to burn a backup Playstation 2 dvd
    using nero 7 premium and during the process it came up with an error message,or actually the log window said it.
    it said: Caching of files started
    Caching of files complete
    Burn Process started at 12x(16,620 KB/s)
    Power calibration error D: OPTORITE DVD RW DD1205
    Generating DVD high compatibility Borders
    Power calibration error D: OPTORITE DVD RW DD1205
    Could not perform end of Disc-at-Once
    Burn process failed at 12x(16,620 KB/s) and thats all
    Also can someone tell me what it means by power calibration error.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but im not a newb with computers its just i have not taken the time to learn much more than the basics on dvd rom drives

I did save the log file so if anyone would like to see it plz post a reply and ill paste it on the next message because i tend to put only enough info in my messages to give people a good enough idea of my problem.

I tried burning other iso's with nero and the same thing happened then i tried other programs like alcohol 120 and ultra iso and same results so a reply would be very much appreciated so thnx in advance.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Before the disk is burned, the burner tests the disk to find out how much power it must apply to the laser.

Power calibration errors can be caused by poor quality media (if you are burning DVD's, try Verbatim brand disks).

Another possibility is that the burner firmware is not up to date.

If you have a Dell or HP, etc machine you would go to the website and see if newer firmware is available.

If you still have problems, start a new thread in the Nero Forum here at Afterdawn and post a log of one of the failed sessions.