1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for help with Blaze Media Pro

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by janlafata, May 26, 2009.

1. janlafata

janlafata Regular member

I don't know if Blaze Media Pro is a household name among you experts but I am using it because I found out it can re-size and AVI very well. I just was not successful at doing it with AVIdemux.

But things are not exactly smooth with Blaze Media Pro either and their help files do not help. It's resizing my AVI perfectly, but I'm getting no sound.

Here's what happened:

I imported the file, clicked on Edit Video, Transform and re-size.
    I set my desired size then saved it and saw that the process had started. I should mention at this point that I did not enter any choice under Output Format settings.

Anyway, I had it set up for the new re-sized file to be saved in my C drive users folders.About halfway into the conversion though the process stopped and I received an error message that said I was low on disk space, which was impossible because I know that I had about 40 GB's of free space left.

So I aborted and then decided that maybe it was better to save the file in another one of my drives. So I did and the file re-sized ok but it had no sound.

So then I thought I would try it one more time, this time making sure to enter in some choice in Output Format. I really had no idea which one to use. I thought that maybe the file that I had was originally encoded with DivX, so I picked that for video. Then I picked something like DV Audio NTSC for audio, saved the file and saw that the process had started, but very soon after that it said it would take some 8 hours to finish, so I figured that can't be right, so I aborted.

So what did I do wrong? Why did I not get sound the second time when I saved the file in a folder other than C drive and did I even need to make some choice in Output format? I've also noticed that a few times the saved file was huge in size, like 115 GB's! Don't know what that's all about.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

The reason you ran out of space on your HDD or why the resulting file was very large is because you did not chose a compression method.The uncompressed AVI is huge.

Choose Divx for video and mp3 for audio. If you have a choice to set the audio to "copy", choose that, so it won't re-encode it.

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  3. janlafata

janlafata Regular member

Actually now that I've finally figured out how to use AVIdemux correctly to resize I probably won't be needing Blaze Media Pro after all. Still I'll probably continue to mess with it though to see if it's edits come out any better than AVIdemux. I think I did try using DivX for video and MP3 for audio once before and it did not work. I will try again though. Did not see any choice to set audio to "Copy"

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I don't know about the Blaze software, but Avidemux has a choice to copy the audio.

Another software you can try for resizing is AviRecomp .

Last edited: May 28, 2009