1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Processor Intel i7 920 with 3x1gb 1333mhz DDR3 Kingston?

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by PALToNTSC, May 27, 2009.

1. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

Ok guys here's my problem:

I am building a new PC and I got the following products after a long searching period

Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920, XFX ATI 4870 1gb xxx, Kingston 3x1GB DDR3 1333mhz, Pc Power & Cooling Silencer 750W and seagate 7200.12 1TB.

Everything was ok till the time i was going to install them..I found out on google that the i7 920 doesn't support the 1333mhz memory....Unfortunately it was alittle late because i just cut the sealed sticker of the memory box and it can't be refundable. So i would like to know some ideas and pls if you can answer my questions 1 by 1...i'll appreciate it.

A) does i7 920 without overclocking support the 1333mhz?

B) if the i7 920 doesn't support the 1333mhz but i install the 1333mhz anyway and i run my computer what will happen? any damage?

C) is a 1333mhz memory will have any damage on the cpu as a voltage higher than 1.5 does?

D) if i overclock the i7 920, i'll be able to use the 1333mhz Rams with it?

E) is overclocking covered by Intel warranty for 3 years?

F) In case i decided to do overclocking because the i7 920 doesn't support the 1333mhz, how to do it? do i have to install the memory, install windows than overclock or there is another procedure?

G) is Intel Desktop Control Center offered by Intel enough to overclok the i7 920 and solve the problem?

Sorry guys for my many questions, but i really need some answers from experts, I am stuck in the middle of the road and i don't know if I should buy another Memory or what I have can be fixed.

Thanks

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

It will just run the memory a bit slower, no harm will be done to anything. That board might even allow you to run the memory at 1333 without overclocking the CPU. Overclocking is not covered by any Intel or AMD warantees. If you do overclock, you are going to need some good cooling...the I7 runs warm to begin with and gets very hot when overclocked.

3. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

so as you mentioned i can run the 1333mhz with the i7 920 but i won't get the full speed of the ram? like between 1066mhz and 1333mhz? but no damage

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

No damage to run it at 1066mhz.

5. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

I just finished building the PC, I turned it on, everyhting is running perfect, no weird sound, fans are smooth, cpu and gpu fans running everyhting ok...but for some reason i can't boot from my dvd-rom to install xp.

i have the following products:
    Intel DX58SO
    Intel i7 920
    Kingston 3x1gb 1333mhz ddr3
    750 w Pc power and cooling
    seagate 1tb sata
    segate 200gb sata
    2 IDE dvd-rom running thru an IDE controller installed on the PCI bus
    NZXT tempest case with 6 fans running
    mouse and keyboard connected thru usb
    a samsung T260 connected

I didn't change anyhting on the motherboard bios jumper..i left it like it is

so i was thinking it is from my optical drive or it's from the rams because it's 1333mhz

I have to mention 2 important things:

1) when i start the PC it show D0, D1, D2, D3 not detected than an underscore keep flashing and nothing happens but when i enter the bios (F2) i can see that i have 3gb of memory each 1 is 1024 mb.
    Memory channel A slot 1 - not installed
    Memory channel A slot 0 - 1024 mb
    Memory channel B slot 0 - 1024 mb
    Memory channel C slot 0 - 1024 mb

total memory 3072 mb

system memory speed 1067 mhz

current QPI data rate 4.8 GT/s

2) In the bios under the boot tab
    it shows that: CD/DVD-ROM drive order - no optical drive
    removable drive order - no removable drive

so what do you think is the probelm? from the memory or from the optical drive?

thanks

6. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

From the mainboard.