1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convert avi to mpeg

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by motleydud, Jun 3, 2009.

1. motleydud

motleydud Member

hi all.

i dont really have a problem as such, just wanted to pick some brains.

i have encoded many avis to mpeg using eo video, the only thing is that it is really slow to encode (double the time it would take to play the file) and sometimes the joining of files crash.

i just wondered if there is another program out there that can encode avi to mpeg that may be quicker with an option that joins the files if needed.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I use MainConcept, pretty quick and lot's of option's but good with default setting's. The batch setting at File join's but I've never tried it. The trial has a watermark that shouldn't bother you too much but a bit over priced IMO. Some kind of Authoring program will be needed too although I've heard DVD Flick burn's mpg and I've used NeroVision without reencoding. DVD Flick may do too, never used it but supposed to be good, encodes and burn's (I think) or create iso and use ImgBurn for output (both free).

3. motleydud

motleydud Member

thanks for the message - i will look into that. cant say that i had ever heard of the program. ill give it a try!

regards

mot

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

You could try the free Avidemux, It will join AVIs and convert to various formats, all flavors of MPEG included.

5. motleydud

motleydud Member

thanks for taking the time to reply - i tried both programs and they are pretty good. at least i have more options now rather than wait a really long time for the encoding process to finish.

great stuff guys, its really appreciated

regards

mot

6. 023ivy

023ivy Guest

SPAM removed

"023ivy (account created on 2 Jul, 2009) has used same IP address as nathan023 (banned on 1 Jul, 2009)"

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
  7. 023023

023023 Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009